Could my cat possible be an Egyptian mau mix?.

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've seen alot of similarities with the egyption mau and my cat seems very unique. I have never quite seen a cat like her. She also has some spots on her back and her legs are very long compared to her body. She's so vocal and clingy too. Would love to know what you think?

Attachments

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow so pretty it looks like it could be mix with some mau . I love those markings lol how did you end up with him or her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow so pretty it looks like it could be mix with some mau . I love those markings lol how did you end up with him or her
She has really beautiful markings. I've never seen a cat like her. I emigrated to Cyprus and she was found by someone at 6 weeks old trapped in a cars engine and I just had to come forward and adopt her. 🥰

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww :) so you had her ever since she was a baby basically :) how old is she now and what name did you pick for her ?

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah she was so tiny when we got her. Her names Truffle. 😍 she's 2 years old now but still very small compared to my other cats.

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Yes she‘s beautiful!
Totally different body type, but on first glance a slight similarity colour wise (smoke tabby) with the Thai cat my partner rescued and found a home for on his travels..
I actually posted on here to see if anyone had seen this coat pattern before (new to me ;))

Attachments

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Yes she‘s beautiful!
Totally different body type, but on first glance a slight similarity colour wise (smoke tabby) with the Thai cat my partner rescued and found a home for on his travels..
I actually posted on here to see if anyone had seen this coat pattern before (new to me ;))
She's gorgeous! They are really similar colour wise. It's such a rare colour to see.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, smoke tabby... I thought it could be that, would explain the odd coloring.

the next questiion is if she is spotted tabby or broken mackerel. I tend to think spotted tabby.

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And here some more pics😎😻
Colour wise they‘re a bit of a doppelgänger it seems…;)
Im obsessed. They are so much alike expect my cat has a really small head and big eyes. 🤣 is your cat male or female? Did you adopt them?

Attachments

StelG05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, smoke tabby... I thought it could be that, would explain the odd coloring.

the next questiion is if she is spotted tabby or broken mackerel. I tend to think spotted tabby.
She has a bit of both i think, she's spotted on the sides and under her belly and has stripes around her legs but her back seems more of a solid smoke colour.

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi ☺
This kitty is in Thailand.
My partner was on a sabbatical cycling through Thailand last year when he found her in pretty desolate condition. He totally fell in love with her (she has a lovely character too) interrupted his tour by a couple of weeks, got her veterinary care and we considered how to proceed. We live in Germany. It was quite an intense time and taking her to Germany would have meant about 3 months to wait (and accommodate) due to very stringent vaccination legislation. We were considering all options. In the end and with a stroke of massive luck - a lovely lady in the next small Thai village said she would adopt her and integrate her with her cats. Which she did. This was the best solution for all and she‘s having a great life, looks very happy and has been neutered and vaccinated.
My partner remains her patron and sends financial support. We get regular updates. :)
Maybe the cats could do video calls together? 😂
Enjoy your little beauty!😻

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has a bit of both i think, she's spotted on the sides and under her belly and has stripes around her legs but her back seems more of a solid smoke colour.
Its the body which counts most. Legs may be striped, doesnt matter much. And spots on belly are common in many tabbies.

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she was so tiny when we got her. Her names Truffle. 😍 she's 2 years old now but still very small compared to my other cats.
Awww lol I bet she is so spoiled by now lol why did you name her truffle?

Emmypeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful kitty!! I personally love a good DNA panel for specific information, however here’s what my iPhone has to say:
IMG_0237.png
IMG_0236.png