Could my cat be pregnant?

Mimi..3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm in urgent need to know if my cat is currently pregnant or not. Three weeks ago my cat was grabbed by our other cat, and I let them be (I'm capable of taking care of a new addition, plus I've find homes for some of them). But now I'm curious if she's pregnant or not because she hasn't presented any morning sickness and seems fine apart from the fact she hates belly rubs
20240110_212957.jpg
20240110_213013.jpg

Various of her nipples have turned a swollen, pinkish color, and have increased in size from what they were.
Please let me know if you think she's pregnant, thanks a lot.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If your cat mated three weeks ago with an unneutered male, she is likely pregnant. After about 2 week or so, the nipples will become enlarged and red. She may not want the tummy rubs any longer for the same reason, so I would not insist on doing that. Morning sickness can occur in cats, but it is not always present. Your vet could probably make a determination for you.

Kitten Lady
This is a very helpful site, and you can always return here for more advice and support.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It seems to be the classical hindbear rediness, it usually comes in 3 weeks, occasionally a little easier.

I expect she will want belly rubs when she is almost done. Do so, its a nice massage for them. But now, if she doesnt wishes, dont insist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi..3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If your cat mated three weeks ago with an unneutered male, she is likely pregnant. After about 2 week or so, the nipples will become enlarged and red. She may not want the tummy rubs any longer for the same reason, so I would not insist on doing that. Morning sickness can occur in cats, but it is not always present. Your vet could probably make a determination for you.

Kitten Lady
This is a very helpful site, and you can always return here for more advice and support.
Thanks! I'll take into consideration to not do more belly rubs, though it's quite sad cause she used to love them 🥲 Oh! I thought morning sickness occured for every pregnant cat, thanks for the clarification. I do plan on taking her to the vet for a check up :) but it's a last resort because of my tight schedule.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi..3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It seems to be the classical hindbear rediness, it usually comes in 3 weeks, occasionally a little easier.

I expect she will want belly rubs when she is almost done. Do so, its a nice massage for them. But now, if she doesnt wishes, dont insist.
Yeah, I've read the rediness comes about three weeks but I was curious because she plays and doesn't really vomit on mornings. Oh, she used to love belly rubs before becoming pregnant so I'll make sure to give her as many as she wants :)