Could He Be Chartreux Or Russian Blue?

AMT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Noriko from a local shelter that specializes in CH (wobbly) cats about a year ago and his papers list him as a domestic short hair. However, I'd like to know more about what his specific breed or mix he could be. He has a few unique characteristics, most noteably he does not meow but will chirp occasionally. Any input is appreciated =)

Attachments

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Noriko looks gorgeous AMT AMT , and that serious little face of his is super-cute.

His eyes being more of a yellow gold colour means he would not pass as Russian Blue as one of the breed requirements is that they must have green eyes. His fur looks lovely and thick though, and quite even length. It looks soft too. :loveeyes:

His head shape looks to be more rounded than Russian Blue to me and more similar to that of a Chartreux but his fur looks thicker and the eyes more pale than the few Chartreux I have had the privilege to see. I guess this would be the closer likeness of the two breeds mentionned but he is a very handsome blue shorthair and I would love to ruffle his fur. :biggrin:

Without papers it is not possible to say whether Noriko does have any particular breed in his family history but as an all blue cat can safely be described as Maltese cat. I hope we will hear more about this guy soon, he looks to be quite young to me, and quite a character.

@Columbine Do you have any thoughts on this cat's looks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AMT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you mservant mservant ! Me and husband fell in love with him immediately. I appreciate your input as I'm not good at pinpointing the facial characteristics.

He is a very cuddly lap cat and is constantly trying to win the affections of our other cat, Pepper, though she wants nothing to do with him. The shelter we adopted from said he was about 9 years old and a stray. I'm not sure how accurate their info was because as a wobbly it would be difficult for him to live on the streets.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty appears to be a lovely solid blue domestic shorthair. I don't think he's similar enough to any of the "blue breeds" to be a close "lookalike" for any specific breed. Chartreux cats typically have a different head shape than your kitty. He has his own distinctive look! :)

The dilute (blue) gene is common in the domestic cat population, so it's quite common to see solid blue cats popping up everywhere that aren't related to any specific breed.