Could anyone help I'd my kitty?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The breed is domestic.  The colors are diluted tortie and white.   So the colors are thus blue/gray, creme and white.

What is the color of her eyes?  If thye are blue, she is also a point with all that...   I suspect she is a point, see...

Re her tabby markings.  They are visible on the face, but not very prominent on the body.  With torties, that is so: if the tabby stripes are on red / creme parts, we pretend we dont see them - its no sport, as all reds ARE tabbies.  But if the stripes are on the dark parts o f the body, we do count the tortie as a tabby, and call her for a torbie...

Here it would be patched torbie (and point, possibly)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zippo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
​yes her eyes are a light blue

we've never seen her parents or anything as we were given her by a friend of the family (as her husband turned out to be allergic) so you're saying her mum would have been a tortoiseshell?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

​yes her eyes are a light blue

we've never seen her parents or anything as we were given her by a friend of the family (as her husband turned out to be allergic) so you're saying her mum would have been a tortoiseshell?
So its settled - she IS a point; thus; diluted tortie and white point.   Or something like that.  You can perhaps even throw in the word bicolor in the description.  Bicolor here means lotsa of white

The point masque not easy visible because of all the white.   The exact color of the point you see on the tail and the backside of the ears.

The parents dont need to be be points themselves, its enough they both were carriers of the point gene.  and these genes both did met in her...

Yes, its probable the momma was a tortie.   In this moment I suppose its possible the combination of genes could come from both momma and daddy, giving a tortie as result, but its sure the most common way to become a tortie is to have a momma tortie...

zippo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ooh thanks thats really interesting

I just grabbed this pic of her eyes and you can see how unhappy she is being disturbed hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

zippo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
​thanks haha, she dosen't half know it though, never known such a moody cat in my life haha

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On this photo we see not ohly the beautiful blue eyes, but also her stripes are also on the dark parts.  so she is a torbie, really.

I think they use the word patched tabby to describe this.

Last edited by a moderator: