Could Abbey still be teething?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a little over a year old, I'm guessing, since I believe she was about ten weeks when I found her last Sept 10 (forgot to mention her gotcha day!). Anyway...she bites everything! My laptop, my books, my feet, my hands, cardboard. No matter how much I say "No." and stop petting or move my feet she always bites. It doesn't hurt, I just don't want her to bite. Especially my feet at night.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teething, no. Her teeth are all in, she's not going to get anymore.

Some cats simply enjoy chewing on things. Make sure she has safe things to chew on and keep discouraging her from biting on you. If you can tolerate it, toss an extra blanket over the foot of the bed to give your feet more protection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Teething, no. Her teeth are all in, she's not going to get anymore.

Some cats simply enjoy chewing on things. Make sure she has safe things to chew on and keep discouraging her from biting on you. If you can tolerate it, toss an extra blanket over the foot of the bed to give your feet more protection.
I usually do, I just love having my feet uncovered to sleep. But the foot of the bed is where she and Cams sleep. (MY side, of course. They get 1/4, I get 1/4 and DH gets 1/2
)

I found these cat chew things somewhere. Maybe Petco. I should pick up some more. They reminded me of rawhides for kitties.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't know what to tell you there. Bare feet are asking for cats mess with them. None of mine would bite toes but Tomas would stick his nose on them and lick.

I got pushed out of bed earlier by five cats so I know how much space they can take up.

I don't know if you have any, or have seen them before, but there are some "dental" chews for cats. They're cloth covered in a heavy netting, usually a ring or tear drop shape, and stuffed with catnip. Most cats will at least play with them a little.