Coughing? Asthma?

Cheflife15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone know what this is? This poor cat has had so many other issues. Calicivirus, a fungal infection, ring worm (She was adopted a few months ago)

Is this asthma? Coughing? Hairball?

She was playing with her brother before hand.

Any insight is appreciated. If not it's off to the vet again.

Edit-trying to add the video

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would email that video clip to the vet with a brief description of what she was doing immediately preceding this incident. It doesn't look like asthma or wheezing to me, but I'm not a professional either.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like what mine do when they're trying to cough up a furball, but a vet's opinion would be good.

spgmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say it is coughing. My cat used to do this as well and I showed a recording to my vet who said he was coughing. Mine mostly used to do this after eating and the vet said it may be food allergy.

AriRio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you get an answer to this? My cat, Orion sometimes does something similar. He's almost 10 months old and has never brought up a hair ball. He's had some other issues -- diarrhea and bloating as a kitten (we think its a chicken allergy) and recently found out he has crystals in his urine and is overweight (my fault, ive been tweaking the feeding and found out i was feeding too much). So I am hoping its nothing chronic.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’d definitely let the vet check it out. My cat was making that noise after playing, and it turned out she had bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia. Your kitty might not have any of that, but a vet exam would be best. They can listen with a stethoscope and get a much better idea.