Corona Virus Now Spreading

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother-in-law went to the ER this morning, he has Covid & Pneumonia. And also Asthma, and he's 70. There are no beds. He may be moved to a different hospital. I'm worried about him.They thought it was okay to visit with family not in their household, and this is what happens, at least 5 members with Covid. Stay home, wear masks, nothing is safe.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're asking mail carriers here to go to the L.A. area to help out, because they're having a bad outbreak there (plus the parcel volume is INSANE this year) and a lot of postal workers are out sick. I question the wisdom of sending MORE people into the fray, but they didn't ask me. If they only send young healthy carriers maybe it won't be too bad.

And also we're having our own Situation here, so it doesn't seem terribly smart to send people flitting across the country, possibly spreading disease, but the mail must go though, I suppose. Gotta deliver all those things people ordered online because they can't go out.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lock down in my province is happening starting on Boxing Day, it was originally going to be Christmas Eve, but they changed it. So we are basically going back to what we were at in March, and they are "banning" indoor gatherings with anyone outside your household too. Except if you live alone, you can "bubble up" with ONE other household.
Northern Ontario will go into lock down for 14 days and Southern Ontario for 28 days...then I guess they will re-evaluate. One of the big reasons they are shutting down the whole province....which really peeves me right off...is because they basically don't trust people (and rightfully so...we are already seeing it) to stay in their respective regions. People are leaving their "lock down" areas to go to other places to do their shopping and get their hair cuts, and go for dinner...Quebec is also going into a lock down, and we saw this last time, where people from Quebec when in lock down, would come to Ontario to get stuff done.
I guess the one good thing...my work is not affected, I can still go back to work when my holidays are done....I'll have to wait and see if all of my clients keep their appointments.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family lives some distance from me in a highly affected area. They made it through the first wave even though some members had to be out some. Although they tried their best to follow all protocols in this second wave, a health care worker accidentally brought Covid in. My father nearly died and will be months in trying to recover. His wife, my step mom lost the battle on the 14th. My nephew got it as well. We are waiting to see if others are affected. These family members had not been out since the first wave of Covid. One person caught it and came in contact. Besides my family members, all four caregivers got it too. Lock downs are tough but better than Covid. Now, in order to be safe, I cannot see any of my family. However, my cousin works at CDC and has great hope for the vaccines. She reports that if we get 60 to 70 % vaccinated, we can break this cycle. Vaccines have practically eliminated other illnesses in the past. I remember polio and rubella and the awful consequences. Those vaccines changed our world so I am hoping that I will see my family again in the near future. I Hope for all.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those vaccines changed our world
131895760_3720858611306538_1016064400321559902_o.jpg

I don't know how old this comic is, because the last smallpox vaccine in the US was given in 1972, so nowadays that would be grandma. But the fact still stands, smallpox is GONE because of vaccination.

I'm afraid not enough Americans will accept the vaccine to break the cycle. Hopefully they can put aside their antivaxx sentiments this time.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided to spend Christmas Eve and Day alone here with Cal.I have not had any prolonged
exposure to them since my birthday in September. One of the grocery stores has prime rib dinners
so I may get one.

The numbers in my county are scandalous.

My family lives some distance from me in a highly affected area. They made it through the first wave even though some members had to be out some. Although they tried their best to follow all protocols in this second wave, a health care worker accidentally brought Covid in. My father nearly died and will be months in trying to recover. His wife, my step mom lost the battle on the 14th. My nephew got it as well. We are waiting to see if others are affected. These family members had not been out since the first wave of Covid. One person caught it and came in contact. Besides my family members, all four caregivers got it too. Lock downs are tough but better than Covid. Now, in order to be safe, I cannot see any of my family. However, my cousin works at CDC and has great hope for the vaccines. She reports that if we get 60 to 70 % vaccinated, we can break this cycle. Vaccines have practically eliminated other illnesses in the past. I remember polio and rubella and the awful consequences. Those vaccines changed our world so I am hoping that I will see my family again in the near future. I Hope for all.
I am so sorry about your family.💖

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another "unable to process sample" result from my test :rolleyes: I think it's because my nose is so dry that it bleeds when the swab is probed around no matter how carefully. The blood tinged swab probably affects the result. I probably won't have time to retest today but will test again tomorrow.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Another "unable to process sample" result from my test :rolleyes: I think it's because my nose is so dry that it bleeds when the swab is probed around no matter how carefully. The blood tinged swab probably affects the result. I probably won't have time to retest today but will test again tomorrow.
My nostrils bleed as well from the dry heat in my house. I swab A&D ointment of Vaseline in them and it helps.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to watch this when I get a chance. It won Best Doc in the Indi Awards The price is $12.00USD
It's about the first days of the virus in Wuhan.
Film Forum · 76 DAYS

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nostrils bleed as well from the dry heat in my house. I swab A&D ointment of Vaseline in them and it helps.
I have the same problem and I also put vaseline up my nose. It does help. Now if only I could find something for my dried chapped lips.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem and I also put vaseline up my nose. It does help. Now if only I could find something for my dried chapped lips.
I've been using good old Chapstick. I also use Vaseline and A&D

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing works for my lips except the original Burt's Bees. Not even other beeswax brands or other varieties of Burt's Bees :dunno: . So it might take a bit of experimenting to find out what your lips like. . .but I definitely recommend the original Burt's Bees!

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you're right. Red blood cells can absolutely inhibit the PCR reaction in the test.

Maybe try putting more pressure towards the outer walls of the nostril and less toward the inner when swabbing? I've heard the blood vessels on the inner wall are more numerous and fragile.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Facebook friend who was recently ranting about no one wearing masks in the gym has a wife who is pretty involved with an MLM - this past weekend she had a "small gathering" of about 10 of her "ladies" in her home, no masks.

Her husband is now in the hospital with a kidney infection and possible sepsis. He's apparently been very sick with various things all month. I know not everything is Covid and he's probably got something totally unrelated, but I just can't believe just how many people will talk "wear your masks! social distance!" out one side of their mouth and then have a party the next day.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I routinely use Aquaphor instead of Vaseline. I find it works better. I do not use it before testing.