Corn litter- what is your routine?

windycitymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After a brief stint with clay litter (which I love dearly, though I know it's not good for them) I'm ready to switch back to good ol corn litter.  My favorite is the Arm & Hammer essentials kind that they sell at Target.  I do like World's best, but I'm a sucker for the scent of the other one, and I'm not a fan of the farm-like smell of WBCL. 

What is your scooping routine?  Cleaning routine?  Care to share?

I've got 3 kitties and 2 boxes, adding a third when payday arrives.  None of them are finicky with litter changes so we're in the clear for that.  Anywho, please do share :)

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am curious if the Arm & Hammer is flushable like the World's Best??????  I don't see any reason it wouldn't be, but I can't find anything that says it is flushable,  as a matter of fact, I think it says not to flush the litter....I would love to try it if it is flushable.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have used  Worlds Best clumping littler for about 3 years because Dexter gets asthma from clay.

With 2 cats using it, I change it out completely about every 20 days or so.

We live in a small place but fortunately I am home a lot so as soon as they use their box, I scoop. 

I don't flush it for fear of damaging our plumbing. 

Last edited:

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For over a year, we've been using chick feed. We buy Dumor chick crumble from Tractor Supply Co. It is not medicated.Previously we used WBCL. The chick feed is exactly the same, for 1/3 the cost. I use about 50 pounds each month.

I find this litter as effective as clay, but so much better for cat and human health, and that of the planet.

I usually scoop once a day, sometimes more, and occasionally miss a day. I have 4 large uncovered storage boxes for 6 cats. The litter is about 2 inches deep. The litter is added to as needed, but completely dumped and the boxes washed about once a month.

I don't flush it. I tried it, but it was a hassle with so many cats. Too many flushes!

Robin

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I scoop twice a day and clean each box every 3 weeks.  We have 3 boxes and one of the boxes gets changed and cleaned weekly. 

You know that WB now has a lavender scented line?