Corals first vet check since adoption.

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It didn't go so well. I noticed some wobbliness in her hind legs. Consulted with the vet and her knees and shoulders are not in good shape. She's between 2 and 3. So we decided a diet and joint supplements for now but I'll have to get her x rays and most likely surgery at some point. I feel so bad for my little girl.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry to hear about this with Coral. How did the vet determine her knees and shoulders were not in good shape without x-rays? What does the vet think is wrong? And, why do they think surgery is in order? I would think getting the x-rays done first for a better 'picture' of what is going on is in order before jumping to the conclusion of surgery. Did she wobble at all when you first got her, which was what - less than a week ago? What is her background - any information about that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MT Coral

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your replies. She is going to be transitioning to moist food only. The vets said it will be the best for her and help her lose a few pounds. The vet did range of motion exercise on all 4 legs. My sweet girl started growling and crying when this was done. Showing signs of pain. The vet said x rays are needed and that surgery most likely will be needed as well. I noticed her wobble when she came home. I'm not going to freak yet but I deffinetly feel bad for my girl. I'm so glad she came to me. I'll do what ever it takes to give her the best life possible.