Cooked Rabbit Recipe

Mailmans_Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has IBD. I finally found a vet who supports homecooked, not raw. Bacterial infections seem to play a role in her flareups so I don't mind cooked.

I'd like to do a cooked rabbit recipe. I could probably also do pork, lamb, or venison. I found a few cooked rabbit recipes on this site with chicken heart and liver, but my girl can't do chicken. BalanceIt can balance just rabbit meat, but I'm frustrated with the low quality of their mineral supplements (no amino acid complexes / chelates for minerals). Does anyone have a recipe I could show my vet?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about cooking rabbit meat and adding in a pre-mix such as EZComplete? The pre-mix turns any meat into a complete balanced diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mailmans_Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
EzComplete is for raw. The mixes I've found (everything from the resources page here) are for raw, except BalanceIT, which uses lower quality minerals. I might have to go to a nutritionist, but the money is not there and I'm afraid of being told I'm an idiot for wanting to homecook.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mailmans_Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Both contain chicken liver. Know Better has beef or chicken as options. We're trying to avoid both.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Both contain chicken liver. Know Better has beef or chicken as options. We're trying to avoid both.
How about Alnutrin? I make cooked food with this Alnutrin supplement, which is pretty basic: you have to add the liver yourself. As long as you can source another kind of liver, you should be all set. I add more egg yolk as well as fish oil and pumpkin to our cats' food. They love Alnutrin. (I used to use EZ Complete but then realized one cat was having difficulty with an ingredient, most likely the mussels.)

Good luck!

P.S. Alnutrin will send a sample if you request one. (I think they have a form and ask for a self-addressed stamped envelope.)