Conversations With Cats

MrHandsomesMama

Happily wrapped around his little paws!
Young Cat
Purraise
I was in my room, door shut, getting into bed when I heard a squeak like Emmett's toy mice. I looked to him staring out the window and said "did you hear that? It sounded like one of your toys..." he turns to me and I hear my mom in the hall say "that's because it was." Neither of us acknowledged that I asked the cat a question that begged for a response. And then it hit me! I can't stop laughing ever since I realized I asked my cat for confirmation that I wasn't hearing things. Because, clearly, that's what a sane person does.

What conversations do you have with your cat? What's the strangest thing you've caught yourself saying to your cat?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's what a sane person does.
There are no crazy cat people on this site. This is a typical member and it proves my point.

As for conversations, mine are quite bland, here's a typical one with Oliver.

"What's up baby? Who's a silly boy then. C'mon little man tell me all about it. Who's my little baby?" etc. etc.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my conversation to both of my cats one who died and one hos is still alive. Before my sister comes over with her kids, i say " come on Leo or Mc its time to hide, the crazy kids are coming" I walk inside and when they show up10 to 15 minutes later , i go looking for my cats, and low and behold they are both hiding in their safe spots LOL.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am trying to have a "conversation" with my cats, especially with my Bourbon, but she always ignores me. The only time she would answer back is when there is a fried fish on the table and I'd ask her if she wants some. She'd then get back to me with the sweetest meow I have ever heard in my life.

In other times, she does not care. Lol.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is like my other cat, she will pretend i am not there, even though i see her head move when i call her, but she will stare straight into the horizon like she is in a trance. But leo when he was sleeping in the backyard, i would walk past and he would give an annoyed meow " as if to say "what now? im sleeping ? " If i call his name while he is sleeping , he slowly sways his tail , and then if i call him again he gives me a meow like "What ?" . In the afternoons i come from work and i tell him how my day was shit, and he gives me a meow like yeah know lol

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When talking to Toffee, he looks up at me very attentively and it really does feel like I'm having a proper conversation with him, even though he of course can't verbally reply back! Fudge, however, doesn't really pay much attention :biggrin:

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Piper is always meowing at me, but she hasn't gotten me fully trained yet. It usually goes something like this:

Piper: "Meow!"

Me: "Hey! What's up Pipes?" *Pets cat*

Her: "Meow!!"

Me: "I don't know Snipes... do you want something?" *Looks at food/water bowl. Both full.*

Her: "Meow!!"

Me: "Piperoni, I am not giving you treats. Sorry."

Then I get distracted with kids and try to walk away and she swats at me as a walk by. She probably also hates all the dumb nicknames I give her. :lol: