Contest with a prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Okay, we need a name for this new forum. I just put "The Literature Forum" up as a temporary name. We can't have such a creative forum stay with this dull name....

We'll give it one week for all of us to conjure up imaginative ideas and then we'll pick out the best 4-5 names and run a poll as to which name you like best.

The member that thought up the winning name will get a special forum prize!!!

So please come up with cool names for this forum! Closing date for new names is May 17! Oh, and even if you don't have any cool idea of your own, please pop in and give your feedback on names other have come up with. It'll help us select the runner-ups for the poll.

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
but I wanted to start the ball rolling

Creative Corner (a little boring, I know)

Rhyme Tyme (VERY cheesy, I know)

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love contests

"Hairballs of Wisdom" (okay, bad start!)

"Paws and Reflections"

"Shared Memories"

"Meowments of Reflection"

(alright, alright, I'm leaving. . . . . but, I might be back!)

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Paws and Reflections" is cute...

how about, "A Little Piece of Us"..

G

ghostuser

Here it goes...I thought of two.
"Pick Of The Litter"
"The Cats Meow" I had a couple of cute, funny ones but I settled on these...I think this is a wonderful idea, asking us for our input !!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An offshoot of 3LK's suggestion:

"Paws and Reflect"

Blue: YOU, of all people, are stumped?!? Now, I've heard everything!!!!

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep Deb. Blue is stumped?!!!

lol.

Paws and Reflect is my fav.

Hmmmmmm? You know, I can't think of anything either. How about TLK Meowments of Reflection? I like that too.

Purrsonal Muse (Mews?)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. But, it IS 7 am and my insomnia is really pissing me off.

G

ghostuser

oops! When I wrote my ideas, I was associating them to cats, being it is a catsite..sorry about that...
I'll try again. I came up with two:
"Passages From The Heart" and
"Poetry In Motion"

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,I was 'gonna suggest something like "With Quill in Hand" or "From Our Pens" but nobody writes anymore so how about "Hot Off the Keyboard" or "Typed Interpretations" or "Web Wisdom" or "Cyber Sensations" (that sounds too X-Site). . . . . . . . . . maybe I sould just stop trying to improve on what I had at first. . . .

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no! when's the cut-off? 17th?!

i am still stumped - and i cant stand that word, i dont know
why i keep using it

hmm, i'll think of something

what do you think, gayef?

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a bit old-fashioned but it conveys the idea of "literature," which needs (I think) to be in the title so visitors will readily know what the forum's about. "Purrfessor" seems (to me) too much a dreaded cliche.

=^..^=

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by blue
oh no! when's the cut-off? 17th?!

i am still stumped - and i cant stand that word, i dont know
why i keep using it

hmm, i'll think of something

what do you think, gayef?
Hrmmm...well, as I mentioned to both you and Anne in our private discussions about the forum, I thought we needed a title for the forum that would promote all sorts of creative writing, such as your lovely poems, but also such as stories where we could all participate.

One of my ideas for the forum was to have an interactive story thread using our cats as the characters.

One of the most rewarding experiences I ever had was to participate in "The Great Meezer Pirate Epic" on another web site devoted to Siamese. This thread continued for months and was probably one of the funniest things I have ever read. All the cats had personalities, such as the The Dread Pirate Captain Kitty Hawke of Zhukov's Imperial Fleet of Siamese; a long and lanky sealy-point boy with ruffled chest fur who made all the female kitties nearly faint with desire (Think Fabio as a Siamese LOL)...and who sailed the HMS Kittias into uncharted waters and did near-mortal battle with the evile Orangello, a Persian of a particularly nasty temperment who wiggled his way into the hearts of innocent and unsuspecting young female kitties and then had off with them into the sunset. The swashy and buckly Hawke called to order his PTB's (Pirates To Be - kittens mostly, but brave-hearted as lions they were *sigh and swoon*) and along with their assistance (like manning the cannons which shot flaming hairballs LOL!) saved the day by capturing the evile Orangello's most-awful tail and flying it from the top sail mast of the Kittias in victory.

So, I think the forum needs a title that would get our readers involved, not just viewing the forum, but participating in it as well.

Gaye

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Mr. Cat
It's a bit old-fashioned but it conveys the idea of "literature," which needs (I think) to be in the title so visitors will readily know what the forum's about. "Purrfessor" seems (to me) too much a dreaded cliche.

=^..^=
I like this. Old-fashioned or not, it does convey the right idea. We have a "Breeder's Corner", so why not a "Literary Corner"?? (Altho I have to say I had a bit of a chuckle at "The Litter-ary Corner" which brought to mind the unchanged, unscooped box in the corner sadly needing my attention...along with about a bazillion other things *sigh*)

Gaye

chery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How bout one of these for a new forum name:

Kitties Ditties
Cats Chats
Felines Fantasies

Just my two cents worth. Good luck with your search!
C

gata_amore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have read several of the previous suggestions, and have used 'creativity' to arrive at the following:

'Litter-ary Paws'

'Paws for Litter-ary Reflections'
(oh.. imagine the 'visual' possible for the 'home page' on THAT idea!.. i have seen several 'things' that .. if one knew HOW to.. could be 'combined' for a most wonderful 'welcoming'!.. )

'The Litter Box'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Okay - today is the last day... Any ideas which ones we're going to put on the poll? Let us know what you think - after that the mods here will need to pick the 5 runner-ups...

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by threeleggedkat

"Paws and Reflections"
Ooh I like this one.

Like for a subtitle: "Take a moment to paws and reflect at *The Catsite Literature Forum*" Replace ** with the name you choose for the forum.

I also like MeowMan's "Purrsonal Muse (Mews)"
And "The Litter-ary Corner" Not sure who posted this one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.