Constipation and Clomicalm?

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

Anyone had experiences with constipation whilst their cat has been on this medication?

Humphrey gave me a scare when he didn't go to the toilet for 2 days and then produced stools with blood streaked in them. I was so freaked out but decided to wait it out because the blood was bright red which can indicate it was from straining to go really hard. He's since done poos daily in the morning with no straining and no blood. I googled symptoms of Clomicalm and constipation was one of them. Have reduced his dry food amount and continued giving him wet food with topped up water with extra moisture

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also would it be ok to give him the clomicalm every second day instead?

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. When it comes to doses and side effects of medications, it is best to contact your vet. Did you let them know about the blood in the stool and constipation? Ask them what they think. But, make sure you talk to the vet, not just the staff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've seen the vet so much, like probably a visit every two or three months so im trying to sort of chill out a bit. If he bleeds in his poos again i'll have to pay another visit though :cold: