Constant Feline Idiopathic Cystitis issues and aggression

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calypso522

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When there’s food in the picture they don’t even see each other. As soon as the food is empty, Ping is like “oh wait. I need to kill that cat.” I wish I could dump tuna juice on both of them. For real. They could be in a death brawl and they will pause it to lick tuna. Then back to fighting.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am having really good luck with giving Zylkene 2x a day. I give it once in the morning and once in the evening. It really has helped to calm my boy. We are going on day 4 of him not spraying! Don't be afraid to double the dose and remember to give it consistently.

Calypso522

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update....

Alice finished a 10 day course of augmentin and two days later she’s back to using the litter box every 3 minutes. I haven’t let her and ping ping fight at all. They have only had positive interactions. She’s been on Amitriptyline 5mg for 5 days. I haven’t noticed anything. I don’t know what to do with her. I hate this. She’s back to confinement to one room to prevent my house from being destroyed by urine.

ping ping is still unmedicated and on stalk and kill mode.

why can’t things get better ever.

Calypso522

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m scared. I’m scared I can’t help her. I’m scared to lose her. I’m taking them both to the vet Friday. I don’t know why she won’t get better.

Calypso522

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her urine is basically all blood now. Vet appointment tomorrow. :bawling::bawling:

Jasperabs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this by googling help for this exact issue with my cats. My boy keeps attacking my girl like she is a stranger. They were once bonded. She will actual have pus on her after peeing, but they still can't find anything in the urine culture. I know she smells off to him. We have spent thousands without any answers yet. Did you ever find a resolution? I just want my cats back! I could feel everything you were saying :(

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
J Jasperabs , this member C Calypso522 wrote this some time ago, but since your issues are so similar, we're hoping they'll see it and get back to you.
Welcome to TCS!