Conjunctivitis

HeresOliveira

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello. I got a cat that came with a big conjunctivitis. went to the vet who reported treating a probably viral conjunctivitis (watery discharge or tears). He has been taking Aureodermil in ointment (neomycin 5mg / g, prednisolone 5mg / g and Sulfacetamide sodium 100mg / g) since August 29. Will do by September 20 (vaccine day). It opens the eye more, but continues to fall, feeling irritation and completely swollen and inflamed conjunctiva eyelid. Is it normal to take this time to improve the rating? What to do?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it is viral conjunctivitis, that can take several days to get better. Bacterial infection will respond to the antibiotic; that can also take a few days. The only thing I would worry about is Chlamydia. I don’t know how well your ointment covers that. Might be worth a call to your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HeresOliveira

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it is viral conjunctivitis, that can take several days to get better. Bacterial infection will respond to the antibiotic; that can also take a few days. The only thing I would worry about is Chlamydia. I don’t know how well your ointment covers that. Might be worth a call to your vet.
Thank you very much.. does several day can be lie 1 or 2 months or more?
i suspect that she has it about 1 month atleast...
Its from august 13.. she was with breeder... its her right eye...