Congratulations England World Cup Team

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For all those out there who are fans of the English World Cup team-congratulations on your win! Save a little luck for the US team.

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even though I support Ireland (Irish parentage), I did go to the pub to watch the match, and am suffering today from a tinsy-winsy hangover.

They say that a fifth of the population took the day off work to watch the match......

The USA are going great guns - smashing win against Portugal

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah - good news about England's success so far. I really hope it lasts. Not so good about Poland (just lost 4-0 to Portugal). Polish parentage, you see - so I'm kind of dual supporting here.

My husband was in London for a meeting on Friday, and he said the capital was as quite as a Sunday morning. As he was early he wanted a coffee, but couldn't even get through the door into a pub they were all jammed to the rafters.

Once he got back to Reading it was the usual story of police everywhere and drunken supporters. We even found somebody asleep under a tree in our front garden. He was in a suit and everything but he was completely bladdered - didn't even know where he was!

Bad news about what's happening in Moscow though. People dead because of the rioting. Surely footballs not worth that.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sporting event is worth dying over. I wish everyone can enjoy themselves without taking it to the extreme. I wish all the teams luck (because Canada doesn't have a team playing). We have alot of Italian fans at work.