Confused Kitten?

sawa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! My kitten is 11 weeks old, and he's used to all his food now. I have specific food schedules for him. He has dry food that is available to him all day, but at 6:30am and 6:30pm we feed him canned food. For some reason, my brother fed him canned food late at night; so he ate 3 times in a day. The following morning (this morning) my dad fed him ADULT canned food accidentally. I'm extremely scared for his digestive system, and I don't want him to get confused by this... Should I be concerned?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Occasional changes to routine won't cause harm nor will a single can of adult food. He might be a little confused or think he scored with an extra feeding. Either way it will be okay.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'll be fine. There's nothing in the adult food that would harm him, it's just formulated with different nutritional requirements. He might have a bit of change in his bowel movements (you might notice some soft stools or diarrhea if there's something in the food he's never had before). But don't worry, he'll make it through :)

I don't think it will cause too much confusion for meal schedules if it's just a one time mistake.