Confident kitties - will know more tonight.

nbrazil

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cat TV had an unexpected program this morning (i.e. gazing out the sliding glass door, chittering at birds, chipmunks and whatever passes by) - while my two guys (Ragdoll male (RT)/Orange tabby female (Jessie)) were watching, a tough appearing male orange sauntered cautious by on the brick wall just beyond the balcony. 

I just watched. RT just sat there, ears perked up a little, Jessie turned around and skulked away, but as she passed me I called to her and offered her a tiny treat (bit of cheese from my breakfast - I RARELY give any human food, and only a tiny piece). She ate it and turned around to go back to TV (by a round about route).

I did not see any classical signs of stress and I petted them both goodbye, so.... I figure they are confident enough to not feel threatened by this. I will be watching for re-directed aggression - but not expecting it... they seem to both be very confident in their territory. Just hoping they don't think they have been invaded.

I saw the cat again while leaving for work, ears look intact. Don't know if there is anything I can do... I live in a large condominium complex so TNR would probably not be on the table. Sigh.

So, assuming there is no aggression, I will assume they are well adjusted kitties.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love well adjusted kitties; probably due to a well adjusted human parent!
I now live in a +55 community and one of the covenants is that you are not allowed to let your cat roam (yeah, tell that to the cat!) One night I woke up to Ritz howling, hissing; I saw an orange cat calmly walking across the patio. Ritz is insecure....
FWIW and off topic perhaps: I lived in a condominium complex for 25 years. During the last 2.5 years I TNRd 35 cats, shortly after I adopted Ritz (herself rescued from the condo building next to me). The president of the condo association supported my efforts in various ways though not financially. There are various ways to work the property manager/president--as well as doing it without their knowledge. Let me know if you want some more information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nbrazil

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep. Very happy kitties just waiting for me to bring them their dinner. Whew.

I'm such a worrier!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good mommies worry though not enough to let their loved ones know they are worried!