Concerned Kitty Momma

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all! :)
I'm a little concerned about Comet. I believe the kittens are now done nursing off the moms because they have been eating me out of a house & home!o_O lol. I just now felt under Comet's belly & felt a warm lump. I immediately thought maybe shes engorged? But her teets all look normal & the lump is like in between the teets. She didn't seemed bothered by me feeling around & didn't appear to be in pain. In fact she rolled over for more belly rubs!:D lol Could she be engorged tho? I know I'm probably over exaggerating but I just was looking for a second opinion!:) I do need to get her into the vet for an exam & get her spayed. Due to my finances I have to spread the vet visits out so I don't drain our account!:eek: its bad enough I gotta spend $1200 to have my jeep repaired!:jawdrop: lol always something!
TIA!:lovecat3:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Could you call your vet (maybe even send a picture?) and ask if you could perhaps massage it, without having to go in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Could you call your vet (maybe even send a picture?) and ask if you could perhaps massage it, without having to go in?
I can probably do that but my particular vet's office will probably want me to come in for them to exam her. I'm gonna do warm compresses & rub her belly ( thank God she loves her belly rubbed! :D). If the problem doesn't go away within a week then i guess a visit to the vet is in order. I do have them scheduled to get fixed in January beginning. Lol man it seems like everything hits ya hard financially around this time!:confused:
I'll try to snap a picture of Comet's belly (shes a squirmer!:D) lol. As i said before it doesn't feel hard & her teets aren't swollen. Just this lump in between her teets & feels warm.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would watch it closely.
A picture taken now, and daily from now on (even if you don't share it here) would be a good way for you to really be able to tell if there's any very subtle changes you might not notice if you check it daily with no way to compare it to how it was 5, 6, 7 days ago, etc. Keep them and if you do have to take her in for a vet visit, share these photos and the dates with your vet so they can see how slow or quickly things changed.
If there's discharge, redness, or she seems sore in that area to the touch, seems lethargic in general or stops eating, don't wait on a vet appointment.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! :) I'm gonna try to snap a pic of her belly now. I don't see redness now but taking a picture each day is a good idea to monitor it.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I attempted to take a picture of Comet's belly. It feels better today. I noticed the kittens must have just nursed & the lump isn't as big. So maybe she was a little engorged & after nursing that helped. Lol I'm a worry wart sometimes! :confused: all the fur babies r doing great tho! Lol i haven't been successful in snapping pics of the kittens. I'll try today & upload some!:D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~she swoons!~ Oh, they're just adorable!

Just watch mama fo a couple of more days. Now, if she becomes lethargic, or doesn't want to eat or drink, get her in, no questions asked. My sense is that this is resolving itself as we speak.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
~she swoons!~ Oh, they're just adorable!

Just watch mama fo a couple of more days. Now, if she becomes lethargic, or doesn't want to eat or drink, get her in, no questions asked. My sense is that this is resolving itself as we speak.
Momma seems to be doing good. She loves food so if she suddenly isn't interested in food thats definitely not good for her. But for now she seems to be good:) I'm gonna worm them today & get a start on that. It doesn't appear that that have worms but I rather just prevent the pests from even coming!:D lol.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!

Comet does seem to be engorged but she must be drying up. Lol i remember when i breastfed my kids the drying up process can be a tad challenging. But momma is doing good! Comet is in heat now tho! :gaah:i told her u couldn't wait til next month could ya? :rolleyes3:lol. I wormed the kittens on Dec.4th with an OTC round worm treatment (ProSense liquid wormer). Lol they all did good with that. I never saw actual worms in anyone's stool but I always like to keep ahead of all that. Next month Velvet & Comet will be getting spayed!:yess: then in Feb I'll make appts for the kittens to all get fixed too. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!:goldstar::happycat:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update!

Comet does seem to be engorged but she must be drying up. Lol i remember when i breastfed my kids the drying up process can be a tad challenging. But momma is doing good! Comet is in heat now tho! :gaah:i told her u couldn't wait til next month could ya? :rolleyes3:lol. I wormed the kittens on Dec.4th with an OTC round worm treatment (ProSense liquid wormer). Lol they all did good with that. I never saw actual worms in anyone's stool but I always like to keep ahead of all that. Next month Velvet & Comet will be getting spayed!:yess: then in Feb I'll make appts for the kittens to all get fixed too. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!:goldstar::happycat:
Good good good news! Not good about the heats though, but it's the way cats operate. Just keep them inside! :wave3:
"Drying up" in livestock seems to be no fun for them so I can imagine she's not having the best time with it, but once it's over it's done with.
I'm so glad everyone is doing so well. :thumbsup: