Concerned about peeing habits... Again

Jules89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last week I was concerned my cat Mickey may be on the path to possibly blocking again so took him to the vet; he's almost 6 and blocked 2 years ago. They gave him an ultrasound and found some debris, mucus and so they performed a urinalysis. She said his red blood count was high but no crystals. (I have the results so if any people understand it I can post). He was put on metacam, burnorphenine (hope I spelled it right) and pravisin. Along with put strickly on a wet diet for two weeks. He was peeing much bigger and more frequent along with higher energy levels (even when dopey on the burnorphenine lol).

**note I also have a 7 month old kitten who Mickey likes to sneak her food, both my roommate and I do our best to keep him away. There have been times he's gotten a good helping of her dry food which both the vet and I believe lead to the debris. We're currently transitioning her to his Hills C/D (vet gave the okay).

Anyway, he has finished the course of medication and obviously still on his wet food only diet. He hasn't gotten into my kittens food as we're being super vigilant with it.

I'm a little concerned once again because I feel like he's going back to his old peeing habits. Am I being paranoid or should I take him back to the vet? Could it be his body jus adjusting to not being on the medication?

I'm such a nervous cat mom lol

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded yet to your post! If you think his peeing habits are returning to where they were before you took him to the vet, I would call them and let them know - especially given his blockage 2 years ago. It might be that some of the meds have to be extended, perhaps the anti-inflammatory (Metacam) and/or the prazosin (bladder spasms). Wish I could give you some other advice, but it would seem to me that a call to the vet is your best bet.

Hope other members will see your post soon and offer their input!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jules89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for answering! I was planning on calling his vet just to be safe. Was just a little curious if I was being overly anxious or not. My poor boy :(