Concern With My 14yr Old Bengal?

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, first off, little bit of history..6 months ago he had 5 dental extractions, and 3 before that, and did well on that issue. This last extractions, he was also diagnosed with kidney problems, and now switched to Purina Pro plan Advanced kidney wet and dry, which he likes. He eats well, and loves his water, but he’s getting fluid shots once a week. He’s stool is little soft, but only goes once a day, normal for him. He’s acting just fine, nothing out of the ordinary. My concern in spite of all his good signs, and actually eating more now than before, he’s losing weight. I know I need to consult my vet, but ATM I don’t have any funds to take care of this. Do you have any idea what could be going on?
Thank you

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It could be a couple of different things.
Can you talk to your vet? I'm not a vet but it could be as relatively straightforward as needing B12 ...
Also you'd want to double check with your vet and see if it's ok/would be helpful, to add homemade Pedialyte, kitten glop or kitten milk replacer for extra calories :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
It could be a couple of different things.
Can you talk to your vet? I'm not a vet but it could be as relatively straightforward as needing B12 ...
Also you'd want to double check with your vet and see if it's ok/would be helpful, to add homemade Pedialyte, kitten glop or kitten milk replacer for extra calories :)
Yes I can, I might be able to make the appt. for this..thank you