Concern For Paddy

Paddycat2018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Paddy is my 10 year old Maine Coon mix. Lately, he hasn't been acting like his normal self.

He had his teeth cleaned earlier this fall and seemed to recover without problem. In the past few weeks, his normally health appetite is poor. His meow seems weaker and hoarse. I noticed him drooling the other day-something he's never done. The "canine" tooth on the left side of his mouth seems to be rubbing on his lip/gums a bit.

I just had Paddy in to see the vet a few weeks ago when he was going through some constipation and vomiting. I feel I should take him back to make sure something else isn't going on.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:

I'm so sorry Paddy isn't doing well :frown: I would definitely get him back to the vet for a check up and blood workup. I've never had a cat with this issue, but some of the symptoms you're describing make me think of thyroid issues. Hyperthyroidism is pretty common in ageing cats. It's easy to test for (a blood test is all that's needed), and manageable with medication. When you go back to your vet, mention thyroid issues as a concern, and ask them to test for it.
Health Concerns In Aging Cats
Cat Acting Strangely? Here's What It Could Mean
What To Expect As Your Cat Ages

I hope you get some answers soon. Do keep us updated on Paddy's progress :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mera

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you feel you should take him to the vet, take him. Peace of mind is priceless. I hope everything turns out okay. Could it be an infection from the teeth cleaning?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just had Paddy in to see the vet a few weeks ago when he was going through some constipation and vomiting. I feel I should take him back to make sure something else isn't going on.
Just out of curiosity, what did the vet say or what treatment did they recommend for the constipation and vomiting? I agree with the above members, definitely contact your vet to give them an update. Fingers crossed it isn't anything too serious. :crossfingers: Best of luck and please keep us posted.