• Totally Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Long time no post! I was wondering if I could get a critique and everyone's opinion on these three ready-made raw companies. What do you guys think in terms of quality, reputation, and nutrition. I am currently rotating Simon on Primal Nuggets and Bold Raw (local). He's a bit picky. Sometimes he turns his nose up, other times he'll eat the food. I also give him canned from time to time, the lesser quality kind lol. He's even more picky with canned food than raw! But that's another story.

So, here they are....and, would I still be supplementing these with Omegas? I don't for the Primal so far. It seems to be a complete diet:

Raw Frozen Feline Turkey Formula

Ground Foods - Totally Raw Natural Dog Food (looking at the lamb on here)

Fresh frozen raw cat and dog food. Whole animal carcass diets. (I would probably be rotating all the proteins from this brand, if it's good. Supplementing fish oil required???)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have an answer unfortunately, but hopefully someone will be along soon. :)

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t heard of totally raw but I know lots of people feed primal and you don’t need to add supplements to any of their foods (although I think they might have some non-complete variteties so make sure to check the label when buying).

Carnivora is a Canadian brand and I think they have a good reputation in terms of how they source their meat. None of their patties have any supplements though, they go by the philosophy that if you feed an entire animal then it should be a complete meal. I would still had supplements to some of their patties though. For example, I’m planning on using their rabbit patties to make the catinfo.org recipe.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, totally raw is dog food so it is not meant to be fed to cats as a complete meal. It doesn’t have any taurine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yogakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven’t heard of totally raw but I know lots of people feed primal and you don’t need to add supplements to any of their foods (although I think they might have some non-complete variteties so make sure to check the label when buying).

Carnivora is a Canadian brand and I think they have a good reputation in terms of how they source their meat. None of their patties have any supplements though, they go by the philosophy that if you feed an entire animal then it should be a complete meal. I would still had supplements to some of their patties though. For example, I’m planning on using their rabbit patties to make the catinfo.org recipe.
Would the main supplement be fish oils in this case, or would something else be required to make it a whole meal?
Thank you for responding, btw. :)

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would the main supplement be fish oils in this case, or would something else be required to make it a whole meal?
Thank you for responding, btw. :)
Carnivora follows the philosophy that if you feed the whole animal then you are feeding a balanced diet. They do state on their website that if you do this you need to rotate proteins to make it truly balanced. I actually ended up deciding not to use this brand because I just couldn’t figure out how much bone content was in the product. My plan was to dilute the bone in the rabbit with chicken thighs and add in taurine, vitamin Bs, E, fish oil, etc. But I didn’t feel comfortable doing it not knowing exactly how much bone they included in the grinds. This is the main problem with these whole prey model companies I find. It’s hard to know what you are exactly getting, and I don’t think cats in the wild would eat all of the bone in their prey.

I would just stick to brands that state they meet AAFCO standards.