Comparable Product?

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my local pet stores are no longer going to carry Chicken Soup for the Soul kitten wet and dry food.

This is the only brand I've been able to get both of my kitties to eat for both wet and dry. I like it because it's grain free and it isn't too bad on my wallet.

Is there a brand that's comparable for about the same cost? A 5lb bag of the dry is 10 dollars and a can of wet is about $1.50 I think

I can't tell you all the brands I've tried, I'll know if I see the name or packaging.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you happen to have a Tractor Supply store near you? I feed the All Life Stage dry food from there called 4health. I've read that it is pretty comparable to the Chicken Soup dry. Looking at the ingredients of both... the first ingredients in both are Chicken and then Chicken meal. They both contain barley, rice and potato. Same amount of protein.
4health also makes wet food but I'm not sure how it compares to the Chicken Soup.

I just realized you may be talking about a different version of the Chicken Soup because the dry I am reading is NOT grain free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you happen to have a Tractor Supply store near you? I feed the All Life Stage dry food from there called 4health. I've read that it is pretty comparable to the Chicken Soup dry. Looking at the ingredients of both... the first ingredients in both are Chicken and then Chicken meal. They both contain barley, rice and potato. Same amount of protein.
4health also makes wet food but I'm not sure how it compares to the Chicken Soup.

I just realized you may be talking about a different version of the Chicken Soup because the dry I am reading is NOT grain free.
I'm not sure. The bag said grain free so I'm hoping it truly is grain free.
I have no idea where a tractor supply is near me. The only one I know of for sure is about 40 minutes away

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just checked the bag it is definitely not grain free :cringe:
I got the wrong one and I can't take it back since they discontinued it

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's chicken. Neither of them will touch anything fish flavored lol. They're little divas as you can see

Attachments

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Taste Of The Wild is a pretty okay grain free cat food. I know that they've had some recalls but they're decently priced. Fussie cat is also a good brand, potato and grain free. But I think it's a tad more expensive. Their cans are a little pricy though. Dave's canned food is usually very affordable. However most of their canned foods have carrageenan and I'm not sure what your opinions about that are. However, I have no idea how widespread these brands are because I work at a little local pet food store so we carry a bunch of stuff that aren't as widespread.

But ordering online is always an option too!

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are in the U.S., ordering from Chewy is definitely the way to go, and you get the bulk pricing for wet food since they come in 24 can cases. And if for some reason your cats decide they don't like a certain food anymore after ordering a case, you can always ask for a refund and they wont even ask you to send the food back, they will tell you to donate it to a local shelter. It's also always been shipped very quickly for me after ordering, and if you spend $49 or more, shipping is free.

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you are in the U.S., ordering from Chewy is definitely the way to go, and you get the bulk pricing for wet food since they come in 24 can cases. And if for some reason your cats decide they don't like a certain food anymore after ordering a case, you can always ask for a refund and they wont even ask you to send the food back, they will tell you to donate it to a local shelter. It's also always been shipped very quickly for me after ordering, and if you spend $49 or more, shipping is free.
I didn't know that! I'll have to check it out.

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the suggestions!