Community Kitten and Male - Help Please

Kittymom35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! In the townhome community we live in, there are several community cats. We have lived here for one year. I noticed a kitten appeared last October and it was about 4 months old. All the other community cats here have been TNRd long before we moved in. I have 3 7-month old kittens we adopted after caring for them as neonates. They are indoor only.
During the last freeze, I put out blankets and water for a community cat I have named Whiskers. He is semi-friendly and I was worried about him. The kitten appeared with him the day of the freeze and has been with him since. They decided the blanket was their new safe place and basically live on our back patio now. At least they sleep their every night and are waiting for their food and. Water every morning. About 4 weeks ago, the kitten disappeared and it seemed Whiskers went into a depression. We searched for the kitten everywhere and I kicked myself that I didn’t try to TNR it before the weather warmed up. About 10 days ago, I opened the blinds and it was back! I have been slowly earning both their trust in order to trap the kitten and get it fixed. I can now pet Whiskers and he rubs all over me as I feed him but the kitten is very frightened still. I am worried she is a she and may be pregnant after her 2 weeks missing. I have reached out to local TNR orgs but have had no calls back.
Today, this intact male cat showed up and is harassing and chasing the kitten and meowing in what I imagine are mating calls. He had chased Whiskers away several times from our patio. He is very aggressive toward the kitten and I imagine she is definitely a female and seems very stressed.
How can I help them? Could she be pregnant already? I don’t know what to do or where to turn for resources.
I have posted pics of the kitten (small tabby) and the new male. What is he doing? Is he hurting her?
Please advise if you have any insight. Thank you so much!
919F4FD4-DC20-4299-8166-DE7DEDAF3673.jpeg
919F4FD4-DC20-4299-8166-DE7DEDAF3673.jpeg
0B068201-2745-4516-8AFA-EF510780A32F.jpeg
574C6B8C-FD66-4EDB-A0AA-729B5D9F429C.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How is she responding to him? Is she showing any signs that she is on heat, such as rolling over or yowling? If she is on heat it means she isn't pregnant already, but she soon will be.

Do you have a humane trap? There are places that offer free spay and neuter services. I suggest you contact one of these places and as soon as you have an appointment set up your trap in the place you feed the cats. Get the male neutered too if you can, otherwise he will hang around and bully the other male.

Free Fix

Dallas Free Fix, Microchip & Vaccines - Spay Neuter Network

Spay and Neuter – DFW Humane Society