COMMON issue MY cat is vomiting

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. what is the cat vomiting ??
ie .. whole food ... digested food ... something that looks like poop with hair in it ??... white grain like things??... is there mucous or blood??

2. Is this the first time ?? Has this happened multiple times in a day ?? Does it happen daily and for how long??

3. Have you called the vet and talked to a tech or the vet NOT the receptionist ( unless she/he happens to be a tech)..

Cliff notes for question 1
whole food ... try elevating the dish or using a flat dish ... kitty MAY be eating to fast .. if this does not resolve it look at the food feeding as it may be a allergy
digested food .. CALL VET and make appt ... if this happens repeatedly ...

look like poop with hair... this is LIKELY a hairball... many options available .. Laxatone is a common petrolum based gel available at most stores.. some brands are food oil based I use these ... Hairball control food s are readily avail , if it is frequent ( ie more than once or twice a month) .. for some having cat grass will help

white grains like things... likely worms NEED to call the vet ... some will give meds without a stool sample being brought...others require the sample TO KNOW what WORM the cats needs treated ...

Mucous or Blood ... YOU need a vet

prosperity

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

Samuel has recently started vomiting fresh food right after he eats. I will try elevating his bowl.