Coming soon....not soon enuff!!

shagenecc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the incredible education I am receiving! I have been lurking in the background for a few days, trying to digest all the information you are sharing. In a nutshell, my "Sammi" seems to be due any day - I think. Unfortunately I do not know the dates, as it seems my cautions of not letting her outside during her last heat went unheeded (blaming dad and kids) and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that the truth be known to me....ok, off my soapbox, on to bigger things!

Sammi's belly is huge, you really can't tell by this picture, and she will NOT pose for me
Her stomach is "fluttering", no, change that to "rolling" all around!! Very active kits in there! - No discharge, nipples are dry - but not cracked.
I have established an area for her, which she wants NOTHING to do with - we have the convenience of having an attached "in-law" apt which I retreat to nightly! Have moved both her food and litter box from the basement to the apt as well (that's another thing - dh is insisting its ok for her to still roam the basement - an argument I seem to be winning right now - way too much for her to get lost in - and too cold as well)
She is still eating well - sniffs and licks at the KMR - drinking her water ok -
So....I don't know when, but we should be seeing little ones soon!!
I haven't taken her temp - she really enjoys her head to be stroked, but not thrilled when I go below her shoulders - she immediately pulls away and changes her position - I'm sure she's uncomfortable with the little ones in there!

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have things pretty much covered (definitely best to confine the mother at the end to a warm, safe place for her and the new kittens)...good luck for a smooth delivery and healthy kittens!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by shagenecc

Thank you for all the incredible education I am receiving! I have been lurking in the background for a few days, trying to digest all the information you are sharing. In a nutshell, my "Sammi" seems to be due any day - I think. Unfortunately I do not know the dates, as it seems my cautions of not letting her outside during her last heat went unheeded (blaming dad and kids) and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that the truth be known to me....ok, off my soapbox, on to bigger things!

Sammi's belly is huge, you really can't tell by this picture, and she will NOT pose for me
Her stomach is "fluttering", no, change that to "rolling" all around!! Very active kits in there! - No discharge, nipples are dry - but not cracked.
I have established an area for her, which she wants NOTHING to do with - we have the convenience of having an attached "in-law" apt which I retreat to nightly! Have moved both her food and litter box from the basement to the apt as well (that's another thing - dh is insisting its ok for her to still roam the basement - an argument I seem to be winning right now - way too much for her to get lost in - and too cold as well)
She is still eating well - sniffs and licks at the KMR - drinking her water ok -
So....I don't know when, but we should be seeing little ones soon!!
I haven't taken her temp - she really enjoys her head to be stroked, but not thrilled when I go below her shoulders - she immediately pulls away and changes her position - I'm sure she's uncomfortable with the little ones in there!
Welcome to TCS...glad all is going well. It will be important that your cat has no access until she has weaned her kittens and has been spayed, so anywhere that does not allow for accidental "oops she got out" is best.

Katie

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love her color and deep strips. My skittles also will not let me touch her belly. I try just to see if I can feel anything but she says heck no get away woman.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shagenecc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you - she has gorgeous amber eyes, and is double pawed - which has me wondering if any of her babies will be the same...
I hate waiting!!!!!

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is really a beautiful cat!

It really is hard waiting...pretty much everyone here knows that pain, LOL!

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Double pawed- Polydactyl (six or seven toes) varies from the classic "mitten cat" through to cats which simply have more toes than normal, but no "thumb".

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by poohandwendy

Double pawed- Polydactyl (six or seven toes) varies from the classic "mitten cat" through to cats which simply have more toes than normal, but no "thumb".
The funny thing is I knew the answer but did not know it was called that. Thank You.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shagenecc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sammi is getting used to the idea that the apartment is now 'home' and the big house is off limits. I had to block off under the bed last night, she was getting too comfortable there. (again, thank you for all these wonderful ideas).
Her belly is still rippling away - she still has her ravenous appetite. I bought a thermometer today, but need assistance as she is no way gonna hold still for that!!
Also picked up an aspirator - just in case. I think I am ready.....wish she was!!
One question - I am real nervous about her jumping onto things, the bed, the chair to look out the closed window....am I being over protective? She seems to have no problem doing it - in fact, she played "kill the jingle ball" earlier today at full speed! My heart was pounding away - I'm happier when she just lays there!!!! (Who's the nervous mom??)

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's Sammi doing? she's so gorgeous! I heard that female orange cats are rare...she's just stunning!