Combined Region Cat Show

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Regions 2 and 5 are having a combined show in November. It will be in Modesto California, and I am thinking of driving down. Have already talked to a few people on the cfa list and on here about heading down and meeting up. I'm pretty excited, but I am not sure who I'd bring. Definitely my new kitten who will be 6 months, but then I can choose between my silver CH male and my GC smoke female.

http://fliers.cfanorthwest.org/Region25/

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO you should take the champion male to work on getting his points. Good luck and I like the idea of having 2 regions share costs.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that this show is in my city.
I would take the Champion also.
It will be nice to meet everyone at the show from the northwest.
I will be helping with set up and tear down.
It should be a fun show.
BTW I can not wait to meet your Maus.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd take DD. I would want the other judges and exhibitors to have the very best impression of my program. She loves to show, which is always an extra bonus. Plus, she could then possibly qualify for a regional breed award.

Traveling so far with a stud male can also be very difficult--especially if you share a ride with other people. Plus, if he sprays at home, you can count on him spraying at the hotel. You would not want to be liable for any hotel damage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a thought while driving this weekend. Thinking I'll see if I can bring my sister's cat down for the show. Zahra was the best kitten of my first litter but she had a hernia and was altered. I think it would be cool to bring her down for the alter class as she is already a Premiere and did quite well in her only show. She even finalled one ring as an open.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a great idea! You won't have a moment to yourself with cats in all three classes, but you'll sure be representing the breed!

Think you can get your sister to let Zahra go to some of the same shows as Solstice before the Gala show? How cool would it be to get another grand from the same litter?