Colorpointed furball - but what is she?

icanhascat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nearly 4 year old longhaired fullball with colorpoint markings.  She came from a litter from a momma cat who appeared to be a Siamese but momma cat was a rescue so nobody really knows - From looking at my kitty, does that seem plausible? Or just a random fluke with both kitty parents having the color point gene?

We have absolutely no idea what the father was, other than "probably big and fluffy" because all of the kittens in that litter ended up big and fluffy, and the momma cat was short hair and and fairly long/lean looking. 

My furball is big (as in, nearly 20 lbs). She's vocal when she wants something and will great you when you come in the door. Its adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow!   Arent we gorgious!?  Oh My!   I suppose you could call her for an Ragdoll look alike.  Some of them ragdolls can be fairly big.  A birma would have white socks (we dont see the paws - are they white?).  Another option of look alike may be  the Neva Masquerade - a sibling to the Sibirian.  But its no clear cut, a ragdoll look alike is my first proposal.

The mommy could be a siamese look alike, esp if she was long and lean, but she couldnt be a purebred siamese - she carried obviously the long hair gene, for the kittens to be longhaired.  Still not all kittens "should" be longhaired (half longhaired, half shorthaired carriers is the theory), but the statistics arent ironclad, and its possible all were longhaired, with longhair daddy and a longhair carrier mommy.

And yes, as you yourself tell, the dad must have been pointed - or theoretically, at least a carrier.

The hereditary of longhair gene and the point gene are essentially similiar..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, what a beautiful cat. Long haired and pointed, that's such a nice combination.

What's her name?

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ragdoll would have been my first guess too==But whatever she is she is BEAUTIFUL!!   She sounds like a delightful kitty!! I think she is adorable!