Color Question

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our girl was splotchy like a calico but now the splotches have melded together....what say you color experts on how to best describe her coloring? Dilute calico/caliby or dilute tortie/torbie & white? Something else?

20190208_165543.jpg

20190131_161143.jpg

20190109_134240.jpg

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so pretty! I would describe her as a blue patched tabby and white. But there are lots of ways to describe her color... others might say dilute torbie and white, or dilute caliby... these descriptions all mean the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's so pretty! I would describe her as a blue patched tabby and white. But there are lots of ways to describe her color... others might say dilute torbie and white, or dilute caliby... these descriptions all mean the same thing.
Thank you! She's a sweet pea. :biggrin:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats with white spotting can have odd eyes or blue eyes. They don't have to be pointed to have blue eyes... Of course, it's possible she is pointed, too :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is pointed, she was mostly white as a kitten and the splotches on her body are lighter than those on her face / legs / tail.

I was wondering how to describe her pattern though b/c people ask about it the splotching has changed and spread as her color has come in and calico point didn't seem accurate anymore (but probably good enough!)

Baby pic:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! Ok, if she is pointed then I would describe her as.... hmm... blue patched tabby point and white.