Color point markings

mycoreyoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten was a feral rescue.  We think she is about 12 weeks now.  She has color point markings...her points are grey, her body is cream going into a pale brown.  Her paws are pale cream/whitish.  The nape of her neck is whitish.  Her eyes are blue, they look like they are changing, but around the iris they look like they are a different blue now.  Her mom is a grey and white tuxie.  Very soft.  Miskit is her name.  The vet thought she might have Siamese in her.  I'm wondering about her eyes...do blue eyed cats eyes ever look like they are changing to another color when they change shades of blue? 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right, she is a blue point with white, thus, she essentially carries her moms grey tuxedo colors.  But mom carried a point gene, the father apparently likewise, and voilá! one or two kittens in that litter were points.   "siamese-mixes"

The eyes will remain blue, as is typical for points.  Although the exact shade may vary, in part varying with the age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycoreyoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I attached three more pix.  On the third pic, her front paws and back paws have white...would that make her a blue mitted mix?

It's hard getting a good pic of a kitten, but the first two were the best of her eyes.  They have blue and another color.  We estimate she is about 13 weeks now.  How long does it take until they should be her permanent color?  They seem to be blue around the outer part of the iris and around the pupil.  In between has a yellowish whitish bluish color?  lol

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Pointed kittens tend to change colour a lot as they get older. If you live in a cold climate she'll get much darker.

Here are a few pictures of one of my pointed cats, Sophie.

At 16 weeks.

At one year.

Now she's almost 3.

Her mother was tabby and white and Sophie's brown colouring seems to be in almost the same pattern as her mother's tabby patches were. Her eyes haven't really changed colour at all though.