Color/Description Confusion

jsxbang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there! I'm Janel and I recently bought a Persian kitten that's about 3 months old that I keep indoors.

I actually want to know more about the color of my kitten, what type of Persian it is and how it's called in cat fancy and just about the kitten I have in general. 

Another thing I'm curious about is the grooming? All I have is Medium Soft Slicker, ear and eye wipes (because of the over-secretion in their ducts) and anti-tick/flea shampoo that actually leaves the coat softer and fluffier! Is that enough? 

Anyway, here are photos of my playful male kitten, Hobi! 

All answers will be appreciated! Thank you very much!

Have a good day!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
May I ask, what country does you live in?

He isnt not what is a modern persian in USA or Europe, but such here old type persians are quite common in some other coutries  alike Pakistan, India, and countries there around, if I may speak so.

Old type persian or Shirazi persian...

Very gorgious in his type!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps.  On the last photo, is he cut in the Lion - cut style?   May be wise in the hot summer weather.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jsxbang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in the Philippines :)

Thank you for the compliment! He truly is gorgeous. An old type persian? Wow. I've never heard of them. Thank you for telling me!

Hobi hasn't had any cutting grooming yet. I only brush his coat with a slicker brush, that's all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jsxbang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
May I ask, what country does you live in?

He isnt not what is a modern persian in USA or Europe, but such here old type persians are quite common in some other coutries  alike Pakistan, India, and countries there around, if I may speak so.
Old type persian or Shirazi persian...

Very gorgious in his type!
I live in the Philippines smile.gif

Thank you for the compliment! He truly is gorgeous. An old type persian? Wow. I've never heard of them. Thank you for telling me!

Lion cut? Sorry, but Hobi hasn't had any cutting grooming yet. I only brush his coat with a slicker brush, that's all.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He appears to be a silver or blue (hard to tell from a photo) tabby doll face Persian. Doll face is a term used to describe the less extreme look that you see in the show hall. He is very cute. For grooming I would strongly suggest using a comb. A slicker brush may work now, but when he gets his adult coat it will not get all the way down to his skin and he could develop mats. Besides with a slicker brush it is easy to injure the cat with the sharp bristles. Try to groom him daily so that he gets used to it now. It is difficult to train an adult to tolerate grooming. I start my kittens at 5 or 6 weeks with baths and combing.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I live in the Philippines

Hobi hasn't had any cutting grooming yet. I only brush his coat with a slicker brush, that's all.
OK, so I didnt saw properly.

Anyway, cutting of the fur, i for example into Lion Cut, is a tip if it goes really hot, and your air condition isnt on top.   As you are living in a country where it may be even more hot then Sweden on hot summer days, it may come into consideration.

Posiepurrs whom wrote the other answer, is a Persian breeder, so her advises are surely good.   :)