Collar Training Nightmare!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am new to the site and did not know that it was a world wide forum.  Please except my apologies.  Not trying to knock anyone just know how frantic I become when my  cat is missing and know that many are never found due to working at the humane society.  And of course something is better than nothing.
Understood. Just adding a point about tattoos. In Europe it is still quite common to tattoo cats and dogs - in fact the new law even states animals must be identified by tattoo OR microchip. It is either in the ear or just inside the top of the back leg, usually done when the animal is neutered. But of course,it is still not universal to even neuter, and many people are against it anyway, so the animal never goes near a vet. This is especially true in the countryside. The irony is that most animals wearing collars are in fact those of caring owners and are probably also tattooed or chipped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bambolinas mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry that this one person does "not understand".  Perhaps a kinder tone would be in keeping so one does not feel intimidated asking for help?

Microchips would work (they are $49 here, not $25, a moot point). However, if she were to get lost, i am not confident that finder would bring her to the vet or humane society.  I did check out gps pet tracker systems and they seem to be very limited outside.  $99. is fine if they worked beyond 160 feet (and pointed you in the right direction).  Too many negative reviews.  

anyhow, she seems to be fine with a collar now with phone no.  plus microchipping.  As I have pointed out, she is my rescue kitten and obviously has feral bloodlines.  She is a 'wild child', lovable but also loves the outdoors, climbs those trees easily.

Thanks for all your help.  i think my problem in solved.

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may be a stupid question, but I'd like to know where the breakaway connection should be placed: on the top of the neck or on the bottom? Does it matter, in terms of safety and the efficacy of the breakaway?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This may be a stupid question, but I'd like to know where the breakaway connection should be placed: on the top of the neck or on the bottom? Does it matter, in terms of safety and the efficacy of the breakaway?
It doesn't matter. It will move around as they wear it. :)