Collar and/or tag for night visibility?

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking for a good safety breakaway collar and/or tag to make a mostly black escape artist easier to see and catch if he tries to get outside at night. He really scared us when he darted out the front door and into the street last night! We're trying to make sure he's put in a closed room before we open any outside doors, but sometimes we forget.

I see some possibilities on internet searches, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations based on your own personal experience. Thanks in advance!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Microchipped in case he gets out and a collar with a tag. Some you can put the info you want beside vet info. My neighbor had his name and phone number put on. Micro for sure but if you let him out(hope you dont) collar and tag if he'll let you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he's microchipped and wears a tag, that's really important. We try our best to keep him in, but he's a very determined escape artist. When he does get out, we follow him and catch him and bring him back inside. It's really hard to see him to catch him if he darts out the door at night, though, because he's mostly black.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are reflective and even light up cat collars and tags you can try.