Cold feet or warm feet?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A conversation my husband and I had last night triggered this. When it's cold and it's time to sleep, do you prefer cold feet or warm feet?

My husband can not fall asleep unless his feet are cold. He will have the covers on with his feet sticking out the side. I on the other hand can't sleep with cold feet and wear socks to bed all winter.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Must be warm feet for me. I cant sleep in the cold weather unless my electric blanket is on medium heat all night.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Warm feet but sometimes they get hot so I stick them out from under the covers for awhile. I've found that my feet cramp up at night if they get cold. Even in the summer I'll wear socks to bed but usually end up pulling them off in the middle of the night.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't fall asleep if my feet are cold, so I wear chenille sleep socks all winter. My feet are so cold before I go to bed it takes a while for them to warm up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't fall asleep if my feet are cold, but I'll frequently wake up with one of both feet outside the blanket. So maybe they get too hot while I'm asleep? But definitely warm at bedtime. I have an electric blanket; it's hard for me to get my feet warm enough without it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warm feet for sure!I often put wool socks on when I go to bed.Sometimes they get yanked off in the middle of the night but not always.

Elemteacherjoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Moderate? I like them the same temp as my body, but I don't like being hot when I sleep. Even if my feet are cold though, I usually can't stand wearing socks to bed for some reason.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My feet need to be cool or I can’t sleep. I often stick one or both feet out of the covers and sometimes off the bed to keep them at the right temp.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband can not fall asleep unless his feet are cold. He will have the covers on with his feet sticking out the side. I on the other hand can't sleep with cold feet and wear socks to bed all winter.
:yeah:

This describes my husband and I to a T. :thumbsup:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like them cold, but I don't like them warm either. I would prefer for them to be on the cooler side because then I can actually have them under the blankets because I won't be overheated.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no choice. Some years ago I got frostbite on my toes which resulted in Reynaud's.
If my toes get cold...it will be bad.
So, warm feet for me. However, I would prefer them on the cooler side.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate socks, but I cannot tolerate cold feet.

Who am I kidding? Even with socks, my feet are cold!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have an electric blanket on the bed; my side is on High all night long. When I first get into the bed, I lay back and think "ahhhhhh! Warmth!" After a while, though, I find myself sticking my feet out from under the covers. Maybe for 30 minutes or so, then I have to tuck them back in.

I would never, ever sleep without my feet under the blanket. Something might grab them! Now I know there's nothing in the bedroom that would ever grab my feet. I also know that I'm never, ever sleeping without my feet under the blanket because I'm not giving something a chance to grab my feet. Even during the hottest nights of the summer, my feet are under the top sheet. Always.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warm feet for sure, but I keep our bedroom cool so It's nice under the blankets but the air is still crisp so we don't tend to over heat (in the fall/winter months - summer is a different story as we don't have central air)