Coincidence or concern? Nose blemish

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all.

I am probably once more being over cautious and protective but we noticed about a week ago that Elizabeth had a little cut on her nose, which we assumed was the fallout of being caught in Percys crossfire (he likes to stalk things from under the bed and doesn't quite know his own sharpness/strength). It more or less healed up nicely, but we noticed today another one in almost the exact same spot. Again, looks like she's been caught by a claw or run into something.

Normally this wouldn't even envoke a second thought but as its been twice in a week in the same spot, should I be concerned that it could be something more malicious? (I have a habit of worrying myself with Google).

She doesn't even seem to notice it, doesn't protest if i touch it, is just as happy and playful and hungry as ever, and seems to have no other marks on her (I did check her ears and gave her a good rub down)

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh. You know, this does not, on the surface, look very serious. In fact, it looks like she is playing somewhere or climbing (possibly under) something and bumping into some small, sharp protrusion. I'd watch this for a few more days. Take a photo daily, to track any changes. Give it another three or four, and let's revisit...UNLESS it should happen to get worse, in which case, take her to the vet right away.