Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
What does matcha tea taste like. I have been tempted to try it, but kind of fearful of wasting money on it, throwing it out.
If you get straight matcha in powdered form it taste kind on grassy with a bit of a nutty taste on it. It has tons if antioxidents in it. It also has a a lot Chlorophyll that is very good for health as well.

You can get Matcha mixed with other ingredients/flavor in tea bags . I just had Tumeric Matcha with Passion fruit. It has a nice smell and taste to it. You can also get Matcha lattes, I think they are everywhere these day, even Dunkin Donuts makes them now lol. It has the milk in it and is like a caffe latte but has the grassy after taste. You can sweeten it to your taste.

It may or may not be your cup of tea, but give it a try who knows you might like it. 🍵😊

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cases of Covid are up here so as of tonight our restaurants, bars and other places that serve food are closing for "dine-in" customers. That means no going into SB and sitting down to have a hot drink. So I splurged and used a reward for a Grande Flat White w/almond milk and sprinkled cinnamon on top. It was delicious but if I want to stop @ SB now I'll have to go in the drive-thru and bring it home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss summer and iced tea and lemonade.
I do like pink lemonade, but I prefer my hot drinks, even in summer. They should come up with a pink lemonade cappuccino! Or would that be gross?

#1 Aldi Sumatra Coffee, Aldi vanilla almond milk, 2TB vanilla syrup, 1tsp Stevia
#2 Aldi Sumatra Coffee, Silk dark chocolate almond milk, 2TB Equal Exchange dark hot chocolate
#3 Aldi Sumatra Coffee, Silk dark chocolate almond milk, 3TB Equal Exchange dark hot chocolate

Tastes good with 3TB hot chocolate powder, but the canister says to use 4. That seems like alot!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If made with coffee, it would be gross. Unfortunately I know this first-hand, lol. I once added lemon juice to my coffee
I want to get this pink lemonade sugar to put on buttered toast:
Pink Lemonade Cane Sugar

I'm becoming quite the barrista! :thumbsup:
#1-Aldi Sumatra Coffee with Aldi pumpkin spice creamer, and 1Tsp Demerara sugar. OMG, this creamer is so good!!!!
#2- 3TB Equal exchange dark hot chocolate in warmed up Silk dark chocolate almond milk
#3- Half cup Aldi Sumatra Coffee, half cup Silk dark chocolate almond milk, 2TB Equal exchange dark hot chocolate, 1TB Torani vanilla syrup

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do my fellow decafe coffee drinkers buy that's not strong and bitter? I dislike Folger's, it has a bitter burnt taste. I have a five cup drip coffee maker and only use creamer in my coffee. I know there has to be a delicious decafe coffee out there somewhere!

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
DEATH WISH Coffee Co. is the only brand that keeps me from jumping on the redbull/bang/monster train. 90 hour work weeks in construction, some of these guys are living on redbull and cigs. Death Wish is strong and has 5x the caffeine of regular coffee lol. If I dont set up and program my 5cup coffeemaker for 04:24AM, I ain't waking up. Period.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do my fellow decafe coffee drinkers buy that's not strong and bitter? I dislike Folger's, it has a bitter burnt taste. I have a five cup drip coffee maker and only use creamer in my coffee. I know there has to be a delicious decafe coffee out there somewhere!
I've been drinking the O Organics decaf French roast. I use a French press. It's not bad.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
DEATH WISH Coffee Co. is the only brand that keeps me from jumping on the redbull/bang/monster train. 90 hour work weeks in construction, some of these guys are living on redbull and cigs. Death Wish is strong and has 5x the caffeine of regular coffee lol. If I dont set up and program my 5cup coffeemaker for 04:24AM, I ain't waking up. Period.
Wow, if I ever drank that coffee-forget it-- no sleep for me for a week. Love the name. Lol:drinking::hyper::runaround:😵

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know if you would like this or not,but...I buy Maxwell House 100% decaf and a can of their columbian coffee.Then I mix them together.We find it's pretty darn good.We have drank for years their 1/2 decaf and they quit carrying it in the stores.I have gotten it online at WalMart but for a long time they were out of stock,so when ya need coffee what do you do?Nolw I think we'll keep on with the columbian mix.It's still 1/2 decaf,but richer ....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Death Wish is strong and has 5x the caffeine
That sounds fabulous! :thumbsup:

with almond milk and a tiny bit of maple syrup
Yum! I'm gonna try that. But I'll put a big old Tablespoon of maple syrup I think.

Today I had 3 cups Aldi Sumatra coffee with Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk and various amounts of vanilla syrup and Demerara sugar. I finally finished the Torani vanilla syrup. I prefer it on pancakes, rather than in my drinks.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know if you would like this or not,but...I buy Maxwell House 100% decaf and a can of their columbian coffee.Then I mix them together.We find it's pretty darn good.We have drank for years their 1/2 decaf and they quit carrying it in the stores.I have gotten it online at WalMart but for a long time they were out of stock,so when ya need coffee what do you do?Nolw I think we'll keep on with the columbian mix.It's still 1/2 decaf,but richer ....
Thank you for the suggestion but I can't have the caffeine. I did a search for light roast decafe ( I'd been getting medium roast ). The information says it's less bitter. Green Mountain light roast decafe has good reviews on amazon so I'm going to try some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.