Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two cups of my dark roast black coffee. It got much cooler and windy here today so I needed something to warm up.
It's so depressing after Saturday was so nice!

I drank two coffees with sugar and next milk in the morning, then vanilla chai tea with honey and a splash of next milk during J's nap. With some mocha caramel latte oreos.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like cookies, but those sound good to me...Probably would make a great coffee drink flavor! I've got that free sample of Nutpods Butter Cookie Creamer coming, so we'll see if I like cookies in my drink.

vanilla chai tea with honey and a splash of next milk
Do you like your tea as sweet as your coffee? Like do you put the equivalent of 7 sugars in it, but using 7 honeys?

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Elmhurst Sweetened Barista Hemp Milk, 1/3 Cup Maxwell House International Vanilla Caramel Latte Powder, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds. Added powders last 50 seconds. Wasn't as hot and wasn't as good. Hmmm....I'll keep playing around with it. But I suspect that I just prefer almond milk and maybe it heats up better than other milks.
1650978803899.png
1650978830253.png
1650978852603.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hot cup of plain coffee
You didn't use your monk fruit sweetener this morning?

Half Cup Water, Half Cup Elmhurst Sweetened Barista Hemp Milk, finished it up, 1/3 Cup Hills Bros English Toffee Cappuccino Powder, finished that up too. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds, added powder last 30 seconds. Well this is interesting. Maybe it's the instant coffee that affects things. I didn't add any coffee this time and the Hemp Milk didn't foam up and crackle like it usually does. And it was hotter. This cappuccino is supposed to have coffee in it, but it's like the last ingredient.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk, as I've mentioned, I don't really measure my honey.
I know, I remembered that. Just trying to picture everybody's drinks in my mind. :thumbsup:

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Sweetened Barista Barley Milk, 1/3 Cup Maxwell House International Vanilla Caramel Latte Powder, 1/2TB Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds, put powders in last 1 minute. Yes, I think it is definitely the instant coffee giving me the different variables in heat and whether or not it boils over. I had to transfer it to a bigger cup because it was overflowing, plus it wasn't as hot. Sometimes I add it and sometimes I don't, so that is what was giving me different results...I think.
1651067103386.png
1651067195811.png
1651067204010.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my store bought 🍩
What kind/flavor of donut did you get?

are you going to stop using the instant?
Yes, I tried it just now without the instant coffee and it was delicious and piping hot! I'll try it again with the coffee tomorrow to be sure. I'll try to make it exactly the same, but add coffee.

Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Sweetened Barista Barley Milk, 1/4 Cup Maxwell House Vanilla Caramel Latte Powder, finished it up. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds. Added powder last 30 seconds this time. Best yet I think.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think they're trying to keep up with a boutique donut shop in town called Voodoo Donuts lol
Voodoo Donuts brings back memories of when I was in Portland, OR. When did they open locations in other states?

My usual dark roast black coffee with breakfast and treated myself to a large oat milk latte with cinnamon on top at our favorite coffee shop this afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did that saying come from, I wonder --cup o joe meaning a cup of coffee?
I Googled it and it said it could be combining of the two terms Java & Mocha. Another theory was based on 2 different guys named Joe. The fourth theory was coffee is an everyday drink that is drunk by the average Joe. I like the first idea best! Java Mocha.

Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Sweetened Barista Barley Milk, 1/3 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder. Microwaved 2 minutes 15 seconds, added powder last 20 seconds. Not as good today. Hmmm....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking-- Half Cup Water, Half Cup Take Two Sweetened Barista Barley Milk, 1/3 Cup Hills Bros Classic Cappuccino Powder finished it up, 1Tsp Pilon Instant Espresso. Microwaved 2 minutes 20 seconds, added powders last 30 seconds.

Well this was nice and hot with the added 5 seconds, but a little too sweet, so I think I will go back to 1/4 Cup Cappuccino Powder tomorrow. That would be great because 1/3 cup is just too expensive for twice a day! There are so many variables, but I will perfect it...Or purrfect it?;)

1651175401182.png
1651175411150.png
1651175435297.png

Status
Not open for further replies.