Cocaine Cats?

thrnsoft

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently had a couple of older cats (brother and sister) die this year of heart disease. We had an old friend of ours who wanted us to take a mother cat and her four kittens (mother 2 years old this was her 3rd litter, kittens are 2 months old) because his girlfriend (a cocaine addict who was snorting a line when we showed up) was going to throw them away in a dumpster if she wasn't rid of them. The cats are still weaning, but all use the litter pan (well mostly). My question is: we've had many cats over the years but these cats romp through the house at full speed for 3-4 hours at a time, take a half hour nap then repeat the 3 hour romp through the house. I mean they are into everything LOL.

Is this normal or ??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thrnsoft

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, we do worry about them! Someone throwing cats into a dumpster is so disgusting. She kept snorting her coke even as my partner Tannis watched over the cats. This woman kept the cats taped up in a box until she fed them 1 can of cat food each day. Even when they broke into my office and pulled several things off the shelves by climbing the wires I gently swapped them saying NO, they scampered off but when they went to take their nap they grabbed me, started licking me and purred. I asked them how something so small have so much energy LOL. We love them so much!

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THANK GOD you rescued them!!! Thank you so much. Post some pictures for us if you can so we can see how cute they are!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That energy level is normal for kittens. Granted, not all kittens are non-stop bundles or fur, but you do have ones who just won't stop. My boy Link was into, on top of or in the middle of everything until.... well he's four years old now so I guess until he was four. I swear someone told me it was only a kitten thing to do that so I keep hoping his kitten stage will end at some point. Just kidding (sort of), as a kitten he would run until he dropped, nap and do it all over again. As an adult, he will get the serious quiet moments from time to time between running around and napping. I think it has more to do with learning it is more comfortable to nap in chosen places instead of draped over the arm of a chair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thrnsoft

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been busy with our business, our mother cat and 4 'kittens' although now they're larger than mom is. They are 7 months, the male Blue is fixed now along with his 'cohort in crime' Badge one of the black females. He is very muscular with short legs, she's along with all the females are black with long legs. Peanut has jumped to the top of the front door and sat on top of the curtain there which is a problem we've been trying to discourage her from this LOL. We've been pretty blessed with them although sometimes their curiosity is annoying when we just want to do any simple task. I will post pics when I get time later hopefully!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:goldstar:Thank you for getting those babies out of there. What a sad existence they had and a scary potential fate! Fingers crossed that they're just so excited and happy to have a good home that they start to chill a little and enjoy it!