Coat pattern. Snowshoe, torrid or something else

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a horrible tailor, to mismatch a tuxedo into this degree!

Ok, lets analyse what Kloe is under all this "disguise" which wasnt helped any by this "taylor".

She is a point.  She is a tortie, and she carries white. She seems shorthair.  Put together, it  should be domestic shorthair;  tortie point with white bicolor,  in the tuxedo pattern.

Something like that...

Yes I understand why you use the word Snowshoe, but what is torrid?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keridomingo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I meant to say tortie. The reason I thought snowshoe was because her coat was much lighter as a baby. I thought Snowshoes and Siamese are born light colored and darken with age and that is what Khloe's coat has done. Here is a baby picture of her

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you are entirely right.  So we had essentially the same analysis, no?  I just misquessed the word torrid - which is tortie. But I did guessed on her being tortie anyways.   :)

Point and white bicolor "siamese" is usually compared to a Showshoe.  Snowshoes were constructed on old type siames as a base, so your guess wasnt at all farfetched.

Snowhsoes  arent supposed to be torties, that is what is bewildering here. And why I didnt used the word at first.  Her youth pic makes everything easier to see, before she got darkened up in those uneven fields "bad tailor".She was a pretty baby when young!

Please put in the word Snowshoe in the description, it if makes it more comfortable for you.  She is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

keridomingo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"Bad tailoring" or not, she will always be beautiful in my eyes. In fact Khloe's nickname is Pretty and I love her very much. You seem to be very knowledgeable about cats. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
"Bad tailoring" or not, she will always be beautiful in my eyes. In fact Khloe's nickname is Pretty and I love her very much. You seem to be very knowledgeable about cats. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post!!!
Tx you!  Im sure you understand the "bad tailoring" was a joke.  the somewhat uneven pattern makes her just more individual, more unique.  Not anybody but Khloe.