co workers obsessed with my personal life!?

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have Adam talk to them. Or just get a real boyfriend.
It's a funny story, and I think it's sweet how they care about you and want you to be happy.

G

ghostuser

Have they met Adams' wife before? If not, have her come stomping into your workplace, accusing you of stealing her boyfriend/husband. When the CLAs see it, stop in the middle of the fight and have her hand them her drivers licence. It might do the trick.

As for personal life and work, yeah, we all talk. Come on, I work in a deli with 14 other girls. Of course it's gossip central! Not only that, but all the other girls have children and love to brag about them. I also work with the lewdest woman I have ever met. I'm surprised we haven't been fired for how rowdy we get some nights. (She's married and has two boyfriends, and isn't afraid of details. She has the most hilarious stories, too.)

I'm willing to share just like they do. There isn't much else to do on slow days. I do however hate the fact they're constantly trying to set me up with someone. I'm the only female in the entire grocery store who isn't married or dating someone - no exaggeration! And they think it's even more shameful because I'm 21 years old and I have to date to find someone to marry. They're a little old fashioned, but I think they mean well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wodesorel Have they met Adams' wife before? If not, have her come stomping into your workplace, accusing you of stealing her boyfriend/husband. When the CLAs see it, stop in the middle of the fight and have her hand them her drivers licence. It might do the trick.
LOL.. That'd be GREAT. However Lisa is very shy and they will be moving back to Utah this Friday.

mrsd Have Adam talk to them. Or just get a real boyfriend. It's a funny story, and I think it's sweet how they care about you and want you to be happy.
Adam did tell them a while ago that he was happily married- even showed them his wedding ring and they just rolled their eyes at me...

I agree- it is sweet that they really care about me but... I still don't want them to know all the details about my non existant love life!

I think the best thing now is just to ignore this and hope they give up on this!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think that you should get another box with dead roses and claim ITS ALL OVER
and write all mean words, then you should cry!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i think that you should get another box with dead roses and claim ITS ALL OVER
and write all mean words, then you should cry!!
LOL! I actually said something like that to my assistant today-whether I should pretend to be going through a breakup!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've read this whole thread and what I see is you fostering their behaviour. There is no professional conduct in this environment at all which makes it very easy for all the students to behave in totally inappropriate behaviour. As management (if you are management) it is up to you to set guidelines for these kids (because they obviously have no concept of professional behaviour) and teach them correct behaviour for their future should they ever be in another position in a professional office.

Fostering this nosy and intrusive behaviour will do them more harm in their future.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I've read this whole thread and what I see is you fostering their behaviour. There is no professional conduct in this environment at all which makes it very easy for all the students to behave in totally inappropriate behaviour. As management (if you are management) it is up to you to set guidelines for these kids (because they obviously have no concept of professional behaviour) and teach them correct behaviour for their future should they ever be in another position in a professional office.

Fostering this nosy and intrusive behaviour will do them more harm in their future.
Whoa! To be honest, I don't appreciate your comment about me fostering their unprofessional behavior.

First of all- I did NOT ENCOURAGE this at all in the beginning like I had said in previous postings. I refused to answer their questions and told them I keep my personal and work lives separate.

They kept nagging and trying to find out almost on a daily basis and no matter what I said, it wouldn't stop so that's why my friend suggested doing this so they'd leave me alone.

Please remember that each work environment is different. Maybe in YOUR work environment, there's no jokes or teasing allowed but in my work environment we allow some jokes and teasing because we want students to enjoy working and not feel oppressed. We have set guidelines on what is unacceptable behavior so they know what it is.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I must say, that the whole drama is exactly the kind of thing that would happen at my office, precisely the type of thing I would cook up! That being said, MOST of the time, we are very professional and dont overstep eachothers bounds. There is a lot of our personal lives that we do share with eachother, but at the same time, a lot that we dont. In terms of what Yosemite said, while it did seem a little harsh (this thread seems more 'fun' to me), there is complete truth in that your scheme is fostering their behavior. If it is truly upsetting you (other than being a playful annoyance) you must not encourage the bahavior in any way. If it is all fun and games, Id suggest having ANOTHER, (perhaps even from a female!), mystery gift and scandalous card delivered! I suspect they are well aware you DONT have a boyfriend, and just enjoy the game as much as you seem to! (Maybe even subconsciously?)