Clumping Feline Pine In Litter Robot?

HousePantherRescueMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

I am in absolute love with my Litter Robot! The one and only drawback was returning to clay litter from the Feline Pine pellets, which are miraculous, from an odor perspective. Of course, the Robot keeps any odors quite contained, but I am a bit of a neat freak and just cannot stand cat odors, and I can always improve, right? Anyhoo, I just happened to notice that Feline Pine now makes a clumping litter, and I’m wondering if anyone has any experience using it in their Litter Robot (mine is the III). I do know it doesn’t seem to work as well with the lightweight litter (will think the tray needs to be changed much more quickly, I’m guessing due to an imbalance of the weight in the globe vs the weight in the tray). I have four beasts, so I usually end up emptying the drawer every other day, but my fear is coming home to a Robot that errored out moments after I left for work, with the kitties increasingly agitated by the accumulating cat-business before I get home in the evening.

So, questions:
1. What kind of success has anyone had with the Litter Robot and the clumping Feline Pine?

2. Could I possibly mix the clumping clay and clumping Pine in a magic ratio that would give the best of both worlds?

3. Bonus question! How about those beads/crystals? Are they effective in the Robot (from a mechanical perspective), and do they handle that lingering odor better than the run-of-the-mill clumping clay?

Thanks so much in advance for any input from my fellow cat peeps. :) Have a fab evening!!

V

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not familiar with the feline pine working in an automatic box, but I was wondering, although I realize this defeats some of the purpose of the auto litter box, but for peace of mind could you set up a regular box?

With the thought of a regular box and odor, I wanted to ask if you've tried a change of food? That can have quite an impact on the odor - raw feeding has the most positive effect typically, but commercial foods that your cats' digestive systems can work with most easily could help quite a bit.
CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

Pet Food Guide