Closed threads don't appear in search results

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much the title, closed/locked threads don't appear in the search results. The only way I can find to search these is using google with the site:thecatsite.com parameter.

Under some cercomstances this wouldn't be an issue but since thecatsite has this thing about closing threads of deceased pets they don't show in the search resualts.

Why would I be searching for such threads? Looking for other peoples experiences for example.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really don't know why that is happening. I tested it and closed threads are coming up for me. How are you using the Search function IndyJones IndyJones ?
There isn't a way of getting more than ten results in one go, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the results there is the option for more pages.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So I thought I'd give this a shot;

This search, using the words: close the thread --brought up closed threads;

Search Results for Query: close the thread One in particular is titled I need help deciding when to euthanize.

That same thread, I need help deciding when to Euthanize appeared in the results both when I typed euthanize or euthanize. (with the dot for the period that the OP used in their title) in the search field.

Maybe if you provided a specific instance where a thread you were looking for didn't appear?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I wasn't being specific enough with the search engine. What I was really looking for was threads where the cat died naturaly at home. All the threads that showed up were mostly ones of euthanized animals saying condolences or such. Not very helpful when you are looking specificaly for experiences with natural death.

Google however found some threads easily.

Google has a more sophisticated algorithm is my guess as to why this happened. It also allowed me to search beyond 10 pages.

Right into the oldest threads. I probably wasn't specific enough with the sites engine, looking back I just punched "death" or "dying" not specific enough for the engine.