Clippers for cat grooming

texasrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an elderly cat that is not grooming as much as she needs too. We have moved to daily brushing and monthly baths. This helped for a year, but now it isn't. She has very long fur and it getting hairballs and mats. She lets me vacuum her with an attachment, so I think I could clip her to a number 6 height. It would be stressful for her to visit a groomer, so I'd rather just buy clippers and do it myself. I'm not too concerned if she looks good, I just want her to be able to feel more comfortable.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We got this kit from Amazon. It's cordless, rechargeable and is quiet and made for dogs I think.

We would shave Nobel's belly on the 1.5 setting to help him with grooming.

He didn't tolerate daily brushing, so we did this instead. I very much recommend.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We got Wahl clippers for my angel Poppycat. Since he was used to being clipped at the vet, he was more or less accommodating :)

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat has a heavy coat or thick undercoat, I would suggest not wasting your money on inexpensive pet clippers. Buy a good clipper like Andis, Wahl or Oster. While more expensive it should cut better and last longer. I have had my Andis for around 10 years and I use them on Persians. Lots of long thick coat since I have a bunch of cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

texasrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If your cat has a heavy coat or thick undercoat, I would suggest not wasting your money on inexpensive pet clippers. Buy a good clipper like Andis, Wahl or Oster. While more expensive it should cut better and last longer. I have had my Andis for around 10 years and I use them on Persians. Lots of long thick coat since I have a bunch of cats.
Thanks! I have a set from Andis for my dog, but it is loud.