Clicky Back Leg

lynne180

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, this year has been awful, we lost out ten-year old cat in February, then we got two cats from a rescue shelter and lost one of them to FIP. We have recently got another cat from the shelter, we've had him for about two months, a beautiful boy just over a year old. We named him Shiloh Dreamcatcher. He's a very big cat with a healthy appetite, very affectionate and contented, and he gets on great with our other cat. Just recently I noticed he was walking with a slight limp in his back leg, and although that seems to have gone now, he walks with what I can only describe as a visible 'click' - nothing audible, I can just see it when I watch him walking. It doesn't seem to be bothering at all, he runs and jumps, both cats ambush each other and have mad play fights, rushing around the house and leaping all over the furniture. Any ideas what might be causing this? I've had a look at his paw and there's no injury as far as I can see and he's not bothered if I examine his leg. Perhaps, because of what's happened this year, I'm being over-cautious as I go into panic mode for the slightest thing, like if one of them misses a meal or sleeps longer than usual so maybe I'm just looking for problems. We had him examined by the vet just after we got him because he's so big I thought he might be overweight, but the vet was very impressed by him and said he seemed perfectly healthy and he's just a very big cat. I would be grateful for any feedback.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible he might've injured himself while running and playing. It's quite common. I would keep an eye on him and if you don't see any improvement, or the limp because obvious and he stops jumping and playing then I'd get him to the vet.

tvet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued a cat that had been run over by a car. He always walked "a certain way" but it never bothered him....he just compensated. Is there a possibility that ur cat always walked this way but was not noticed until his recent injury? Just a thought. Good luck with your kitty.