Clever cat litter box

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The clever cat litter box is an enclosed box with a hole in the lid for the cat to jump in. I found something online that said you can just make on using one of those big plastic containers. I got a big one, cut a hole in the top, and my cats loved it! But when it came time to clean it, i realized I have a problem. It's heavy and it's clumbsy and when I try to dump the litter into a trash bag some of it goes all over the floor. On the bright side once the litter is out it is easier to clean than my other litter boxes. Now I'm sure there is probably some easier way of dumping the litter but I just can't think of anything.
Do any of you pros have any ideas?
Thanks!!!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our litter boxes is made out of a tote too. Something that might make it easier to dump is to stop dumping it into a bag. Instead, use an empty litter bucket (like tidy cat comes in). As you dump your litterbox put one of the corners into the empty bucket so it all kind of funnels in. It's easy and mess free and then you can snap the lid back on until the next time you need to dump it. With the lid on there's no smell from the used litter. After 2 dumps I usually dispose of the litter then recycle the bucket. Hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of our litter boxes is made out of a tote too. Something that might make it easier to dump is to stop dumping it into a bag. Instead, use an empty litter bucket (like tidy cat comes in). As you dump your litterbox put one of the corners into the empty bucket so it all kind of funnels in. It's easy and mess free and then you can snap the lid back on until the next time you need to dump it. With the lid on there's no smell from the used litter. After 2 dumps I usually dispose of the litter then recycle the bucket. Hope this helps!
That's a good idea! Thanks!