Cleo is in labor I am a wreck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I am running out of options as far as vets go. I have tried a few and either the vet is not in or they cant see her. I hate living in a small town sometimes. She is eating and drinking normal.

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right tell my what you can feel when you feel her tummy

ie if it feels lump or tight etc

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok when se is standing I put my hands on both sides of her she is round and tight around her midsection. Just past her ribs I would guess. She is eating and drinking she has pottied. She is meowing at me and purring.

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doesn't sound like there is anymore kittens in there, to me, but it's best to get hold of a vet just incase.

happycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a cat give birth and she ended up retaining a placenta, which led to infection 3 days later. Since you were watching her so closely during her birthing...did she expell the placenta?

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear of your cat, Cleo's, ordeal. I hope she is feeling well. You wish that you could just help these Momcats give birth! I've never seen a cat giving birth and in reading so many posts at the cat site, the birthing process sounds so traumatic.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please tell us how Cleo is doing? Did you find a vet that would see her?

Please let us know how things go!

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just checking in...

If she didn't have more kittens, then I hope Cleo is okay and hope you can find a decent vet somewhere in your area.

I know it can be hard -- I once lived in a rural area where the nearest "vet" was 20 minutes away and only saw small animals (pets) two days a week. He was more focused on the livestock and horses in the area -- but would do routine vaccinations and procedures for small animals.

If immediate attention was needed or there was a unique problem, I had to drive 90 minutes one-way to a large city. But at least my normal "vet" was able to refer me to that clinic and they had some sort of understanding with where I would be treated as a regular client instead of a random drop-in. I'd just flash his card and say "so and so sent me here" and I'd be put straight through.

(I imagine my local "vet" would've treated me the same if I were to call on a non-pet day and announce that my cat is having kittens. He probably would have said "Are you kidding me? I'm busy here!" and hung up on me. He wasn't a bad guy, but he was more focused on large animals and cared for the local pets almost as a favor. I remember my first visit to him where I brought in two dogs for their annual checkup and shots. He kneeled down, gave shots, scratched each dog saying "how ya doin?" as he looked the dogs over for a minute, then stood up straight. "That'll be $5 per dog." I started fumbling with a checkbook and he said "oh no, I only take cash" so I handed him a ten. He handed me back two photocopied slips of paper saying each dog was current and filled in the date and scrawled his initials. It is just different in some areas.)

Anyway, good luck!

lindsay_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cleo is dong great. I called all day yesterday and no one would see me. She is eating great and potting. She is also her normal behavior jumping up into high windows and being sassy.

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsay_21

Cleo is dong great. I called all day yesterday and no one would see me. She is eating great and potting. She is also her normal behavior jumping up into high windows and being sassy.
Sorry things didn't work out better, but you did a great job and we were all hoping for the best. It is great to hear that Cleo is doing well and hope you enjoy your time together.