Cleaning tiny wound near bum and concern of fecal contamination

sillywoody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep my 18 year olds bum area shaved because he can get messy down there. Have been doing this a long time and just accidentally “snipped” an area that gave him a tiny Knick/cut, but there was a dab of blood.

My concern is that I can see poop on his fur just beside the area. Thinking I’ll use boiled water to clean the area but how do I keep poop out of the cut?

His vet is closed, any advice?

Edit: snipped him with a pair of scissors not the clippers, about paper cut deep.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is a home remedy - Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are German - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on his behind with cotton balls or a soft cloth - at least after each BM, but as many times as is needed.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest should he do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillywoody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you FeebysOwner FeebysOwner , coincidentally I’m using chamomile to wipe Silly’s eye corners as per your suggestion and that is still working great.
Would you say Bigelow’s cozy chamomile is safe enough to use on the little cut on his rear end?

here’s the tea I have at home: