Cleaning Herself

Cbadger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys so my girlfriend and I adopted an 8 year old Turkish Angora female, shes a sweet cat and sometimes needy. But the problem we have with her right now is that she does not clean her butt. She will have some stuck to her fur considering she has longer hair. And shes all white so it ain't pretty lmao. So we try and clean her as best as we can but she doesnt bother. Maybe trim her hair?

Moo2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I have one long haired cat and he often has a bit of poop there too. He does clean there and yours may do too,but hasn't noticed as quickly as you do!:)

We give the area a little trim when some is stuck there, we have little fairly blunt scissors that turn upwards and are less risky. You have to be very careful and sure kitty isn't about to move :) it is easier than trying to wash off but depends how confident you are doing this..I never cut close to the skin either

We also do a cat shampoo every 6 months.
I think u can get a professional to trim down the area if not ...
Good luck!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think rubysmama rubysmama pretty much covered it with the article she provided to you, backed up by Moo2 Moo2 's trimming suggestion.

But, once you have completely cleaned the area (and done the trim if you decide to do so), a daily what I call "booty duty" routine with one or two unscented hypoallergenic wipes should be enough to keep her clean thereafter.

Feeby gets daily booty duty since she apparently is not too much interested in cleaning herself back there anymore. We've done it long enough now, I just tell her "Feeby, it's booty duty time", and she knows what's coming and accepts it willingly.