Cleaning frustration

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to get my bedroom carpet cleaned. First my carpet cleaner died. When I finally got a new one, it rained for a week so I waited. Now we finally have 2 sunny halfway warm days, today and tomorrow. At 7:30 this morning my phone rang. It was my son asking me to baby sit today and tomorrow. Wednesday we are gong to get rain again. I don’t care I am cleaning it then!! I am tempted to take my grand daughter back to my house ( it is a 30-35 minute drive) and work on cleaning today, but I know she would be bored.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am tempted to take my grand daughter back to my house ( it is a 30-35 minute drive) and work on cleaning today, but I know she would be bored.
I would too.
How old is she? You could allow her to bring a few of her favorite toys with her to your house. And what child can be bored with cats to play with! :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hesitate to take her because she is very active and it is overwhelming for the cats sometimes. She is almost 7 ( on the 22nd). She doesn’t really play with a lot of toys. She doesn’t nap either( although I NEED a nap when watching her! 🙄😀).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You only need to be at your house for as long as it takes you to clean the rug, so maybe pick up a special video for her to watch while you do it or maybe promise her a favorite meal out if she sits quietly while you work.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a fan of using electronics or tv to entertain kids; but there are times it's appropriate. This might be one! I let my kids bring their Kindle Fires when I have doctor appointments and things like that. But sometimes at home I really NEED to focus on something else so they are allowed some extra tv time or something like that. DS is chattering in my ear right at this very moment; so I understand the reluctance.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is she old enough to help you clean? Sometimes very active kids do well with more responsibility. If you give her a "grown-up" job to do she might really like it.